NEW DISCORD SERVER DETAILS - SIGN UP NOW - Dogz Members Only Private Thread ×

Which Ati Cat Drivers Do You Use?

Snacko

Please Post which ATI Catalyst Drivers you use, how long, and how they have been working. Thanks!

My system is still crashing even after I restored it with two different backups. I want to try and rule out the bad drivers and focus on the good ones. :growl:

Please Post which ATI Catalyst Drivers you use, how long, and how they have been working. Thanks!

My system is still crashing even after I restored it with two different backups. I want to try and rule out the bad drivers and focus on the good ones. :growl:

Hey Snacko, may be your power supply is going. Maybe its not pushing the card's power demand and cause your computer to crash. Just a thought!

probably only sure thing u can do right now is reinstall operating system on the clean disk with only the drivers and il2. in that way you can rule out that restoring backups restores the error.

Using 10.8 drivers here. 5870 card. Nemas problemas.

Snacko, how do you uninstall drivers before you install new ones? There's a rather thorough way of doing it to make absolutely sure you have gotten rid of the old drivers. Some people will say that it isn't necessary but sometimes it can help because on some occations, the installer won't completely remove the old ones. Here's what I do:

1. Download new drivers

2. Uninstall old drivers in Windows.

3. Restart computer and enable windows safe mode(tap F8 at POST screen).

4. Use Driver Sweeper(Google it) to remove the drivers in safe mode

5. Reboot computer in normal mode and install new drivers.

@gec: yea, that is probably my next step if this doesn't work. But I wanted to save time and just use the backup image that I had made right after installing Windows a year ago.

@Kimo: I do it mostly that way. Except I don't boot into Safe mode to run driver sweeper. I also run Regclean as well, it picks up a few left over registry entries. And I also delete the C:\ATI and ATI Program Files folders. But other than that, I always do those same steps..

Yes, I played RoF; Lockon 2.0; DCS Blackshark; DCS A10c beta; Tropico 3; Cities XL 2011; Silent Hunter V; and a few others on full settings with great FPS and no problems.

A few weeks ago while this was crashing Jedi suggested that I try and fly a stock IL2 4.09 with no mods and set the graphics settings in IL2set to 'Safe Settings'. That sounded like a good test, and I did have a stock unmodded game folder handy. It worked great... for about 30 minutes, then it also crashed same as usual. Really weird...