352nd...

JensenPark

I posted @ their forums, Deacon hasn't yet responded.

He may have contacted BG though...

When we get some ideas of the scenario and layout, we should discuss tactics and practice. Deacon was interested in flying identical plane sets for both sides, and they are apparently P-51 and P-47 jocks. I know for me that I probably could not pick 2 planes I feel less savvy in.

Also, they suggested playing with Icon settings very low, particularly for enemies. Means you won't see someone unless you are paying VERY close attention or until they are practically on top of you.

• 1. DDz Quorum

i am curious about the icon settings. i think that it might be fun trying it out one night on our own. it might make it easier to "sneak" up on someone. also perhaps make it a bit easier for those of us who seem to be bullit magnets to "hide" a little.

Normal range for own side though to simulate radio comms of location.

I do realise that this also may, for those of us with lower end graphic settings (i play at 800 x 600 32 bit) that some of the dots may be difficult to pick out.

I would be interested in trying it as i said.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Thing with icons is, if you see a moving dot and it has no icon, then you know it bears investigating. Depending on the settings for friendly icons I can see how it wouldn't make much difference.

If they are talking of such a limited plane set the I guess some practise may be in order.

800 x 600 used to be touted as making it easier to spot 'planes, not harder.

Did this change in a patch, as I always run @ 1600 x 1200 I really don't know!

• 1. DDz Quorum

In my ignorance I thought that 800 x 600 would be worse than someone on a higher res. I have never pushed my res in an effort to get the best frame rates.

Is this a correct assumption?

I should post my graphic card detail at this point but i cant remember which exact card i have, i think it is a nvidia gforce fx5200? with 128mb

• 1. DDz Quorum

cheers roger. i wont trouble you at the moment as i know you are busy with the site, but perhaps when things slow down a bit i could run a file for you to have a look at? and see where i may be able to squeeeeeeze that little bit more out of my machine.

i bow before your wisdom as always, :notworthy:

S!

lower resolution makes it easier to see dots according to some ?!? and lowering all settings in game makes it easier as well

If we do meet up with these chaps then I dont think we should be constrained on planeset to suit them - we all have our favourites so why cant we fly them ? - then we could all take 25lb spitties and cream them - seriously there should be no problem if our team wishes to fly other planes

lower resolution makes it easier to see dots according to some ?!? and lowering all settings in game makes it easier as well

If we do meet up with these chaps then I dont think we should be constrained on planeset to suit them - we all have our favourites so why cant we fly them ? - then we could all take 25lb spitties and cream them - seriously there should be no problem if our team wishes to fly other planes

Dave,

Quite right. I meant to mention that to BG. It's fine if they want to play with the same plane-set, but we should have some say in what that will be.

Glenn

...I dont think we should be constrained on planeset to suit them - we all have our favourites so why cant we fly them ?...

Exactly. This isnt' some hardcore battle is it? To get the max enjoyment out, we should fly what we want, or give us a choice like on Glenn's dogfight days.

Speaking of which is this going to be a dogfight only scenario, or are there going to be objectives?

...I dont think we should be constrained on planeset to suit them - we all have our favourites so why cant we fly them ?...

Exactly. This isnt' some hardcore battle is it? To get the max enjoyment out, we should fly what we want, or give us a choice like on Glenn's dogfight days.

Speaking of which is this going to be a dogfight only scenario, or are there going to be objectives?

BG is the one who is doing direct negotiations, I think, so he would be the source. From what I know they are thinking some dogfights with objectives, as well as Coops.

As far as hardcore battle, I don't know, but I'd like to be prepared... :wink: