so long Duxford...hello Edmonton?

JensenPark

• 2. Administrators

Ah yes, B-25 'Grumpy'. Sold several years ago to a Yank, who left it here. It's been present at Duxford for quite a while. Sorry to see her go, but The Fighter Collection will be able to buy something shiny with the proceeds. Won't be a Lightning though as the CAA in their infinite 'wisdom' have seen fit to withdraw Stephen Grey's multi-engine type rating on the grounds of his age, and therefore the twins (like the Tgercat) are going. Unfortunately this also includes the Beaufighter. As he says "if I can't fly them, I'm not keeping them". This is INSANITY on the part of the CAA as anyone who has seen his 'Joker' display at the end of Legends will be attest. This guy can REALLY fly.

Jabo

Sounds like the CAA is a clone of the FAA. They come up with some crap of thier own sometimes as well. Pissed off all the acts in a large airshow in Tenn when I was a kid, some well know pilots in the 70s. They ALL refused to fly. FAA was hissed and booed rather rudely for the rest of the day.

Those of u that saw the photo I posted once of my late dad in a J-3 while his friend Henry climbed from a ladder and tumbled, probably remember that the FAA made him stop that, as it was "too dangerous", so he had to climb back up the ladder. Henry was later killed trying to climb back up with another pilot.

• 2. Administrators

Exactly Enforcer, the CAA have screwed with the historic scene here in the UK on more than one occaison. For instance, ending DC-3 passenger operations at a stroke two years ago by classifying the Dak as a regular airliner, and therefore requiring operators to fit all the anti-terrorist measures required on the jets - which was financially not viable and now we have no passenger DC-3's flying in the UK. Well done indeed - tossers.

Not forgetting that this year they grounded EVERY warbird in the UK until the operators provided full documented histories from point of manufacture to today. That's why so many of TFC's aircraft were languishing in the hangars over the Legends weekend.

Jabo