This Movie???

Smash

is it a black and white movie, ie no colour, if so then i would suggest it would be a 60's film as anything i have seen in black and white hasnt that level of detail in the aerial camera work untill the 60's, i saw the reach for the sky( the douglas bardar story and i didnt think that was it although ill look tonight)

here is a thread with some random ww2 films on it to help jog the grey cells

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/archive/inde ... 34848.html

Just watched Battle of Britain again, and while a great film in its own right, (the scene where the Pols all break away from their commander to engage against orders "Repeat, Please!" cracks me up) it really would rate a remake.

I know, I beat this horse every 6 months or so.

I just think the story has absolutely everything you would want in a big summer block0buster, and it also happens to be *$^%@& true.

(sigh)

DT

I must say, while overall the movie Pearl Harbour was total Hollywood crap and not something us "WWII air combat" know-it-all's would appreciate, the footage, story and CGI part covering the BoB section early on was pretty awesome.

• 2. Administrators

I must say, while overall the movie Pearl Harbour was total Hollywood crap and not something us "WWII air combat" know-it-all's would appreciate, the footage, story and CGI part covering the BoB section early on was pretty awesome.

Just watched Battle of Britain again, and while a great film in its own right, (the scene where the Pols all break away from their commander to engage against orders "Repeat, Please!" cracks me up) it really would rate a remake.

I know, I beat this horse every 6 months or so.

I just think the story has absolutely everything you would want in a big summer block0buster, and it also happens to be *$^%@& true.

(sigh)

DT

Unfortunately in today's PC climate (especially in the UK) if it ever got re-done we'd see no doubt a Muslim squadron and a squadron of hairy bulldykes fighting against the Luftwaffe, while the "few" were portrayed as sitting around trying to oppress them... 

• 2. Administrators

Unfortunately in today's PC climate (especially in the UK) if it ever got re-done we'd see no doubt a Muslim squadron and a squadron of hairy bulldykes fighting against the Luftwaffe, while the "few" were portrayed as sitting around trying to oppress them...