recomendations for a free video recorder that doesnt require a degree to work?

Enforcer57

Yeah, I know realplsyer is supposed to, and it worked fine for yrs on my old cmputer, but now the free version (10.5) apparenlty has that deleted and only plays stuff. Ive got scores of stuff from utube etc that i recorded with it easily, as a window would pop up asking if i wanted to, or I could just put the web addy in it and clikc record.

well it doesnt do thta any more on my new computer or my old one since it crashed. Ive spent several hrs today trying to find any reference to said capability (like a record command), but there just isnt one anymore. I was somewhat surprised. I tried ver 10.5.

http://www.oldapps.com/real.php

I have dnloaded a couple of others that are free, but the help files are the usual useless nonsense in Klingon and assume you already know how it works. This is one that looked very promising and appeared simple enought to actually work.......good luck with that.

http://camstudio.org/

When i searched teh "help" files for "recording videos", it just gave me a list of videos with NO Fracking mention of how to do it. Yeah, the little buttons are simple etc, but they are deceptive.

Buttons dont work, or a htey wont save, etc.

I need this for my tech school class as there are links to utube vids that make up the course and I don't always have time to just keep them on screen.

I didn't know all that was out there. The utube one first mentioned works quite well though. I was able to dnload the required videos about polygraphs being total science fiction and fantasy, right out of the dark ages.

I always knew that since I worked for the cops yrs ago, but now I got the vids. Pretty hilarious that a college level course would teach that.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I thought the YouTube one would fit the bill, when you mentioned course work and YouTube and the need to save and convert.

Plus it has a very simple interface too, which I thought ticked yet another of your boxes ;)