Install windows on 2nd hard drive

Crash

• 1. DDz Quorum

Yes it is possible.

I was going to leave it at that, but I relent ;):)

XP or Vista?

Either way it is pretty straight forward:

Boot off CD/DVD (may need to change BIOS to allow boot from optical) by pressing any key when prompted.

Then follow instructions, making sure that you install it on the right drive/partition.

It will be the default OS until you change boot order (in system properties).

Defrag target drive before installing, unless it is empty of course!

Hello again, I have installed a backup of my C partition onto another drive. It boots ok and I changed the name of the drive in the boot.ini file. The only problem is the drive wont/cant get online :( As its a backup of the existing working drive I know that the drivers are OK and in the past I have accessed the internet with a live Linux distro so the router should be OK. Windows says "limited or something connection" when I go to network connections. What can I do?:huh:?

• 2. Administrators

I guess it's something to do with your router not providing an IP address, try Start-Run 'cmd' (no quotes) to get a dos window, then ipconfig /all to check if you have an ip address assigned by the router. If not try ipconfig /renew to see if the router can provide one. Let us know how you get on.

~S~ Jabo

Thanks for the help. That cmd thing showed the get IP was disabled but the network connection showed it to automatic. Set it to manual and it worked!!! (£"^^&^***** windows) sorry about the language.