whichops system?

HH_RitterCuda

ok Quazi spent my money on parts and they will arrive in a week. I will need an op system . this computer is for IL2 now and maybe SOW later but nothing else. it will be networked with the router and from there maybe the laptop. (vista) the question is which op system you think I should install vista 32, vista 4, XP 32, XP64 .. input

Cuda

• 1. DDz Quorum

XP32 unless you want more than 3GB RAM.

XP64 is pretty solid, much better than Vista 64 for me personally, But I now favour Server 2008 converted to work station (all the goodies of Vista like DX10 but with the speed of XP).

• 2. Administrators

Nice Cuda - Similar to my recent build - I've run XP32, XP64 and Vista 32 bit on this rig so far, and been happy with all, but niggly problems have eventually seen me wind up with Vista (no DX10 in XP32, no Windows Live or DX10 in XP64 - Windows Live and DX10 in Vista) - Don't tell Jim but I occasionally play other games which prefer those things. Sad thing is Vista benchmarks slowest of the three