I are confuse

Arsenal

Ok, so I got the '46 DVD and installed, so I'm at 4.07. I've looked through the forums for what I need now and from what I can tell...

1) Ubi patch to 4.08m

2) All of the 352nd mods in the vault (the original 1.2giger + 2 updates)

This seems to be all I need, is that correct? There are just so many threads, I can't keep my head wrapped around it and you run the danger of going to far back to information that is no longer applicable.

halp.jpg

You are far from being dense Arsenal. I am the dense one.

Here's why you need the switcher. I'll be hosting 4.09m with mods then a new Danger Dogz will show up and say " I don't have the mod pack installed yet and only have 4.08m installed" That means I have to stop hosting 4.09m modded and everyone has to switch to 4.08m. Or, we might fly against another group like the 69 GIAP and they don't like mods and will only fly 4.09 clean.

Content wise the 352nd and the AAA are very similar but there are some differences in the maps for example, with the result that some players will spawn 100 ft above everyone else. They see things ok but it is a bit disconcerting for everyone else. The reason that

• 1. DDz Quorum

It is possible to install AAA over a 352 modded game...

You need to rename two folders first though:

In your game folder the ones called Files and MODS, if you rename them to 352Files and 352MODS you will be prepared for my mod switcher, when I complete it, which will toggle between these options:

1. 4.08 Clean from 352nd Source

2. 4.08 Clean from AAA Source

3. 4.09 Clean from 352nd Source

4 4.09 Clean from AAA Source

5. 4.08 Modded from 352nd Source

6. 4.08 Modded from AAA Source (no 6DOF)

7. 4.08 Modded from AAA Source (6DOF on)

8. 4.09 Modded from 352nd Source

9. 4.09 Modded from AAA Source (no 6DOF)

10. 4.09 Modded from AAA Source (6DOF on)

It will also switch between sources, so you can go from 4.08 Modded from 352nd Source to any other variant.

Which is part of the reason why it has taken a while to develop it, my hard drive biting the dust today had nothing to do with it really (I am SOOOOO thankful I was backing up every hour ;):) ) but two disk failures in 3 months seems a bit extreme, they were both Seagate Barracuda 320Gb drives..todays disaster took my XP (and development) install and Vista 64 with it.. :(

Arsenal, you can get a good handle of what is required from This very nicely constructed post ;)

BG - are we close to adopting the AAA, or would you rather wait for my switcher?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Fine by me Sir!

Good news is my switcher can be configured to switch only 352nd (a check box not ticked does it) and it still remembers what was last run.

I'd like to look into the possibility that a Co-Op host could tick a box that updates data on our web server, so when the switcher is run by others it will automagically set the right version for the host.

But that might be a bit ambitious for me...

JP do you actually have all 8 sections of it downloaded, and in the same location on your machine, so the extractor can access them, as it needs them?

My guess is you are missing #2

I had to down load each one one at a time, before I got a full set that wasn't corrupt.

I finally managed to get a full set from these links.

Fingers crossed that these will actually work here,

Links removed as requested (we do have these same files in our vault BTW ;) )

BG or Mod you may want to move these above links, to a private area, I'm not totally sure if AAA wants them mirrored like this.

Arsenal, you can get a good handle of what is required from This very nicely constructed post ;)

Thanks for that. I guess the Dogz are still in a bit of transition. I'm not sure whether to go with the 352nd or the AAA installer. Maybe I'll just hold off on all mods until there is a decision on which one we are going with (if any). I'd hate to get the AAA all set up and then have the decision go to 352, or vice versa.

Of course the universal switcher you're working on would solve my indecisiveness.