IL2 versions

LongStone

Sorry to say he won't be able to join us Longstone and will not be able to find any servers on HL either. He needs to bite the bullet and pick up a copy of il2_1946. He should be able to find one for around $20.00

If he needs help finding the DVD, I can point him in the right direction.

Whereabouts are you located again?

:bg: 

• 1. DDz Quorum

I must have reinstalled this game 20-30 times over the years and it is a lot simpler and accurate to do it from a disc. Oh well!

I have installed it less than ten times in total I think, and three of those times was in the past week getting clean installs for a 352/AAA Mod comparison.

Rest of the time I rely on a copy I made way back ;)

I hear you Rog but I continue to read horror stories on Ubi Zoo almost every day, about people who have had corruption issues or trouble with verification if they have to download a second time. Perhaps you are more technically skilled than some of us and don't have those problems. I also thought you installed your game from the DVD.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have 46 on 2 DVDs, I did download the PE2 add-on way back..

I was agreeing with you Jim, DVD is by the the best way to go and it is available still.

I too have read of the issues/nightmares those buying the download version experience (and now it is on Steam too and that is a mess).

Point is, however you get your copy - back it up when you know it works!

Then you can experiment with applying the AAA UI mod pack (allegedly it will make the install the same as a DVD copy) and when that works - burn it to DVD pronto!!

I honestly can't understand why anyone would recommend downloading il2 over the Internet when it is fairly easy to find the DVD in the stores or on line. I must have reinstalled this game 20-30 times over the years and it is a lot simpler and accurate to do it from a disc. Oh well!

:iagree::bouncy: (Oh! Im sorry, my finger just slipped across - an easy mistake to make ;))

I DO agree with this comment - I don't know where I would be without a back-up disc. And bouncy things. I try to keep hold of them too. Oh yes.

Well, that's it. It's time to go to my therapy session.....

B :dog:

I got the install off UBI and haven't had any major problems (a few annoyances here and there)

I have the original zip from the DL burned to DVD, I can give him a copy of that then he can just pay for the key.

nice to know about IL2, you can drag & drop the whole directory if you want to keep the old install and test against a new one. I had no problems with this at all (you'll have to update the paths for your short cuts thats it)

Thanks guys, I will get him to down load it. I do have a copy of the patch you need for the downloaded version

Can you put a copy of that patch in the Vault please?

Also take a look At this post about a download version issue.

Thanks.

Uploading the patch now, will update this post & the other thread when its done

EDIT:

look for this "Ubi download fix" here: http://www.dangerdogz.com/K9Vault/p13_sectionid/8