Can't install game

Jabo

• 2. Administrators

Here's an interesting problem. Having just installed and updated Vista, I'd quite like to be able to install the game now, but the blasted thing won't autorun, and clicking setup.exe doesn't seem to help either. I've had this problem in XP before, but by clicking various things in the root folder of the disk always managed to get the thing to run. These tricks don't seem to work in Vista, so can someone suggest a solution? Hope so!!!

~S~ Jabo

Never mind, got it sorted. Looks like I have a lot to learn about Vista.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hopefully you did not install it in Program Files M8..

If you did I would move it, and update all short cuts, there are reports of Vista (and it's travesty the User Account Control) causing havok with IL2 and in particular the conf.ini.

Turn off UAC if you want a quiet time too, I have seen others say this is not necessary but I have also read far more say that it is, plus I don't need Vista to ask me if it is OK to do something I know I want and should be able to do.

Windows 7 has toned down UAC significantly, Microsoft themselves now recognise how intrusive UAC is.

• 2. Administrators

i know you have said you fixed it...but heres the way to do it for other people, explore your cd, and run the setup named "a", simple as that :)

Yep, found that after googling another forum. Although I have installed the game in Program Files, that is where I'm keeping the vanilla install. I then copied the game folder to c:\ and updated that copy with the mods.

Oh, I've turned off the UAC too.

~S~ Jabo