D-DAY EVENT OFFICIAL UPDATE - DATE SET

DoubleTap

M8's,

I apologize for all the confusion regarding the FBD D-Day event. In trying to accomodate everyone I only ended up creating alot of confusion for everyone for no net benefit. As I wrote earlier, with such a large group of people, there will always be conflicts no matter what date you pick.

I am going to set the date officially to June 9th, the original date proposed. Orientation Server will be up by 5pm EST, if not earlier. First mission, Operation Chattanooga Choo Choo, will commence at exactly 5:30pm EST. It will last 1 hour unless objectives are met earlier. It will be followed by D-Day, also 1 hour max, and finally Breakout. The last mission will finish up no later than 8:30 pm EST.

Join when you can, although it would be great if you could make the whole thing.

Sides will need to be even. Odd man out will be Allied. Further details regarding missions will be forthcoming. I will tally those who have given me side preference for now and post it later. Be aware some people might not get first choice depending on totals. I will fly for either side depending on what is needed. If you are willing to be a swing player (not what you think, Kelly) as well, let me know.

Best two out of three map victories dictates the winner.

This thread will contain all the update info. We will fly using 4.05m unless we discover some major bug in it from now until mission time.

Doubletap

• 2 weeks later...

All,

I have sent out a Word document via email detailing the upcoming D-Day event for the K9 Squadron. Let me know if you did not receive it, or unable to open it.

Those inviting others to fly that night, please be sure to pass the info along.

Doubletap

• 1. DDz Quorum

have received the doc. makes a great read. a fine piece of work sir.

my only concern is that aaa does not bring my game down to a slide show.

really looking forward to the event. will be a late night :shock: but hey, the dogz are worth it!

have received the doc. makes a great read. a fine piece of work sir.

my only concern is that aaa does not bring my game down to a slide show.

really looking forward to the event. will be a late night :shock: but hey, the dogz are worth it!

Frior,

The AAA will not be, by popular request, heavy in any sense. It will be present and a factor but a minor one.

I am also concerned about frame rates and am trying to keep maps from being overcrowded. I may change around the last mission because of the hit the city of Caen itself causes.

I will be sure to run the missions first on my older Dell for a good measure of where we are at, but the actual mission server will run from the new one.

Doubletap

Thanks mate - from our discussions I know the hard work you have put into this and it is appreciated - really looking forward to this event and will do my best to get there early

EDIT- just got the info pack - excellent work !!!!!!

Couple of announcements regarding the D-Day event this friday:

1) DF server will most likely be offline both Tuesday and Wednesday as I want to do some more playtesting of both the missions and the server.

2) The missions are largely complete. What I am testing now are play-balance and frame rates issues.

3) The only issue with frame rates I have found so far is with the last one, Breakout, which takes place around Caen. Cities all by themselves are a frame rate suck, so anything you add in or around them have to weighed carefully. After testing on my older PC, I will try to give an very rough idea of what graphics settings you should have for the last mission. If, and I don't think this will be the case, I am unhappy with the overall results, the battle may switch to the western front around St. Lo.

One test you can do for now is load a mission using the Normandy map, and fly over Caen. If the city gives you Frame Rates fits (gun sight view can be really hoggy), take down the graphics level and try to reach a good balance. If you run into real issues, let me know.

4) I will post what I hope is a fairly complete player name list for the server by wednesday, along with the initial pilot roster for both sides.