I'm Back.....sorry

DD_Bucky

~S~ DD's,just wanted to let you know I'm getting back into the flying thing.I just downloaded Battle of Stalingrad and refamiliarizing my self with everything.I've been awol for quite some time,so any info on how to join you guys in the air would be great!

Bucky

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hey Bucky, Welcome back to the pound, as the saying goes, "Once a Dog, always a Dog, no matter how far or for how long you stray".

You come back to us in interesting times.

It will be great to have you back flying with us but I must point out that GBS seems to be in a bit of dip at the moment. There is not much going on with the game and flying numbers are down, we are not the full on group we once were as far as IL2 goes.

DCS is growing in popularity within the Dogz now and quite a few of us have migrated over to it. IL2 is still being flown, but as I say, just not in the numbers it once was.

Thanks guys.I'll look into GBS and DCS....on a side note,I can't seem to download teamspeak.It goes so far and then just stalls.I'm still working on it.What version of it our we running now?

Hi Bucky , there are about 5 of us playing battle of Stalingrad regularly on Tuesday and Sunday nights, although there is a discussion about changing some dates. If you only have battle of Stalingrad then it limits the type of missions we can host but I'm willing to set up some missions so you can join. Let me know when you are free to join us and I will try my best. Most have all the expansion packs but I realize that is a big commitment when you are just getting back 

• 2 weeks later...

I've downloaded DCS off of Steam, just haven't had a chance to check it out. I plan to get the GBS and the update...just been so busy as of late. I'm still around though...I'd like to try getting on TS when you're flying, and hang out with you guys. 

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Bucky,

If you have not bought any modules yet I would recommend getting the sim direct from Eagle Dynamics.

The install structure is simpler plus when you do start buying planes and maps, the money goes direct to the developers without Steam taking their cut.

If its too late to change, no problem, there are other Dogz that use it via Steam. 

Well I logged in to TS this afternoon and I could hear you guys, but couldn't transmit. Assigned a hotkey to PTT, but still a no go. My laptop recognizes my headset mic, so that's covered. Not sure what I'm missing, any suggestions? It has to be something simple....on a side note, it was nice to hear you guys.

• Like 1

TS has a problem with joystick buttons. Try JoytoKey and set a keystroke for it. Then go into the tools menu and options then test your mike with that.

• 2. Administrators
On 3/4/2024 at 11:25 AM, Crash said:

TS has a problem with joystick buttons. Try JoytoKey and set a keystroke for it. Then go into the tools menu and options then test your mike with that.

I've never had a problem with teamspeak and joystick buttons.... My teamspeak has been mapped to various different joysticks for years?

I would assign a button TS would see it but then assign left mouse click instead. So I use Xpadder and it works fine.

Bucky, do a google search and have a look on youtube.