My screen is still distorted, despite aspect value being correct

Enforcer57

Well this is still a problem. The planes dont look distorted anymore, but the FMB still goes off the screen ; cant access the file dropdown, and it's hard to zoom in now. The rest of the setup screens are partly off the screen to.

Today while flying with the dogz, my map didn't have the numbers on it...they were on the far right, which was off the screen. Made it kinda hard to navigate.

My screen just recently started doing a wierd thing to....as I turn on the computer, it will click on, then click off. the computer will start up, but I have to manually click on the screen. I dunno if that's related, but it started at the same time it seems.

When I heard guys requesting assistance today, I had to ask them what town they were near.

:knight:

Damn. You guys do a great Jack Webb/Sgt. Friday imitation.

Just the facts maam.

I can't remember the type of screen, and it doesn't seem to be emblazoned anywhere on it. It's a 17 in crt (big and heavy), and I have no idea what the markings on the buttons it has on the front indicate. 4 of them are arrows in 4 directions. The last one is an oval looking thingy, sort of like a

Yeah, I thought of that, but it works so well............and uh, I really can't afford that right now. It was in storage 6 of those yrs, as I had someone else's monitor (dont ask), and 4 yrs of use shouldnt be messihng it up I would think. I just figured it was some wierd setting somewhere that changed itself, and I need to see if i can fix this before I flush it. I'll try and bring home the flat monitor from work today.

:madpc:

Ok, I hooked up the LCD from work on here, and the FMB is fine. No aspect problem. I guess its my old monitor. I would start pushing buttons, but I've seen what happens when people on Star Trek do that shit.

So, I guess i have to find me another monitor. CAn't afford a new one, so maybe i can find a slightly used one.....somewhere. thanx for the suggestion comrades.

Ok, latest question....I've noticed in some of the 19" screens that some appear to have a wider aspect ratio, and are advertised as wide screen. What's up with that? I don't want to get something that's gonna mess up my view, so what should I consider regarding this? Been over 10 yrs since i needed a new monitor, so this is a bit unfamiliar to me.....that's IF i decide to get one of the newer ones.

I think im gonna get the older technology, but isn't 19 in about as big as you need to get for this sim, or is that some more crap I read on ubi-zoo, like the guy in CID's M-1 thread that said .223 and .308 civilian ammo isnt compatible. Well, I digress.

:soapbox:

I recommend trying to get a 19" or 21" trinitron or similar as then you have the option to try running higher resolutions. the only drawback is the amount of desk space that these take up.

kind of hard to recommend any particular model as the reviews are hard to find as most cover LCDs but sony ( dell are sonys I believe) and viewsonic I remember were good. trinitronic gives true flat screen although you do get 2 very very thin gray bars running side to side. most people never notice these but for some it was an issue. I only noticed them against

Problem is solved; in an example of amazing timing, a friend of mine asked if I had any use for a 2 yr old 17 in flat screen monitor. I said "Hell yes", and I now have an E machines monitor hooked up, and it works great.

A bigger screen will have to wait till I get a new computer in a yr or so.

thanks for all the input. I just wish I could have this kinda luck with the lottery....or meeting Jessica Simpson.....before she gets totally nutso like Britanny Spears.

:-\