provided by HGNC

Official Full Name interleukin 2

provided by HGNC

Primary source HGNC:6001

See related HPRD:00979; MIM:147680

Gene type protein coding

RefSeq status Reviewed

Organism Homo sapiens

Lineage Eukaryota; Metazoa; Chordata; Craniata; Vertebrata; Euteleostomi; Mammalia; Eutheria; Euarchontoglires; Primates; Haplorrhini; Catarrhini; Hominidae; Homo

Also known as IL-2; TCGF; lymphokine

Summary The protein encoded by this gene is a secreted cytokine that is important for the proliferation of T and B lymphocytes. The receptor of this cytokine is a heterotrimeric protein complex whose gamma chain is also shared by interleukin 4 (IL4) and interleukin 7 (IL7). The expression of this gene in mature thymocytes is monoallelic, which represents an unusual regulatory mode for controlling the precise expression of a single gene. The targeted disruption of a similar gene in mice leads to ulcerative colitis-like disease, which suggests an essential role of this gene in the immune response to antigenic stimuli.

So there is proof that flying with your buddies keeps ulcerative colitis at bay. :)

For more info on this and other exiting genes, go to:

Summary The protein encoded by this gene is a secreted cytokine that is important for the proliferation of T and B lymphocytes.

Ahhh, they're talking about Turn n' Burn instincts there. Yup, I think I've got this gene then.

;)

Sorry lads, I'm compelled to post this kind of bs cos of the twittering of a particular species of

bird in this country. Starts about 5 am and sound like a cookoo on speed, but louder. Cant sleep through it.

Either that or the positive bioenergy pad that the guy I was working for Sunday gave me, when I complained

of a bad back. (Laying out decking on a yacht in Akker Brygge.)

I was instructed to tuck this thing down the back of my trousers, and I would be cured!

Well it cured onlookers from seeing the crack of my ass over my waistband. :)

I keep it with me and have to say, I do feel more positive and energetic. I dont normally go for this new age stuff.

Ok, thats me done. Crushed the top of my index finger with a 20lb sledgehammer (throttle hand).

Nearly cried/fainted/puked I can tell you. Pathetic really. :)

Good job I fly back to Blighty today, so I can get treated. (no insurance, plonker!)

Been a nice trip, done some work, met some people, seen some stuff.

All I really missed is about 4 friends, and flying with you guys.

I'd move here tomorrow, if they'd have me. Norway is a lovely country.

Thanks for listening.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Owww. Klinger M8 that brought my arse up around my neck.

I split the end of my thumb once with a club hammer nailing plaster board up on the ceiling, I use drywall screws now. Much less painful and many times more efficient!

Ouch.. reminds of a work colleague.. took his nail off with a hammer.. then a couple of weeks later some how.. dont ask me how.. put his hand underneath a hand saw and ended up with a nice 1.5" blade cut...

hehehe.. it wasn't this finger was it:

....................../´¯/)

....................,/¯../

.................../..../

............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸

........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\

........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')

.........\.................'...../

..........''...\.......... _.·´

............\..............(

..............\.............\...