Being Sid Viscous...

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

Pardon my perceived lack of understanding but from the DCS/Eagle Dynamics forums I believe my version of DCS World 1.5.5 will become DCS World 2.5 at some point in the future. I am asking because the Normandy map and assets looks very good and I would like to install them but can't because my version isn't ready for them yet. Is it worth downloading and installing DCS 2 and are all my current aircraft in 1.5.5 compatible?

Cheerzen

• 1. DDz Quorum

You've got the gist of it there Steve,

Basically the new terrain engine that the new maps (Nevada and Normandy) use cannot support the legacy Caucaus map in it's current iteration; hence the version 1.5 and 2.0 separation. Eventually the Caucasus is to be re-modelled within the new terrain engine and this where we will see the merge.

If you want to use Normandy you'll have to either

i) wait out the 2.5 merge (could be a good few months away yet)

or ii) download the 2.0 alpha and run it parallel to your current 1.5. You will then be able to update it to 2.1 when Normandy is released.

I suspect both installs will eventually reach 2.5 around the same time, and you'll end up with two identical installs; otherwise it could be that support for 1.x will cease and you'll need to start from a 2.x install.

I know - sproglet dependent! - that I shall be aquiring the 2.0 install soon and so have a parallel install ready to update as I'm gonna need to get some Normandy action in ASAP!

ASFAIK all modules available for 1.5.6 are operating in 2.0 currently...

• Like 1

• 1. DDz Quorum

Cheers Fen. There were loads of posts on forums but your suggestions are where I'd got to. I will probably await 2.5 unless I have loads of time on my hands before or after the house move.

20 minutes ago, Friar said:

:roflmao: Fen thinks he is going to have free time once "sprog" arrives......

For Fen;

Now is the time to write down all the things that you and your partner like to do; be it shopping, reading, flight sims, gazing out the window, etc.  Put that piece of paper into an envelope and lovingly store away.

On sproglets second birthday, open said envelope and regale one's partner with how life used to be.  I can guarantee the conversation will go;

"Did we really do that?"

"Well it's written down here but I'm not sure, I don't remember"

"No, neither do I"

:salute:

• Like 1