Warthog Question

CaptJackG

I just got a new warthog. Anything I should be aware of and do you use Target for programming?

I've also seen where plugging the warthog into usb 3.0 may cause some problems, anyone have any experience with this.

My new MB has 10 usb 3.0 plugs.

Personally I use Xpadder for my needs. Mostly because I have a lot of other controllers I deal with and it works well and has a very small footprint. I also like the AutoProfiler so it automatically sets all the controller binds for each game.

Target also seemed like using Reverse Polish notation to do things. Maybe I just didn't use it long enough and I had already been using Xpadder.

• 3 weeks later...

Update on Warthog....wow

So far I've just been doing DX setup in the sims which seems to be pretty simple to accomplish. I also got the TM Cougar MFD's which are very simple plug and play setup's and give me another 56 buttons. In DCS A-10 the MFD's are assigned as your MFD function in the sim.

So then the problem became setting up a template to show the switch/button commands. Target software has a template that you can build but it prints out pretty small. With CH someone make a pdf format that you can type and print from but you cannot save the individual profile. I found some Warthog & MFD templates that I downloaded and saved as Word documents that I have set to type on top of the template.

Here are the blanks and some I've done for COD.

If you open these and they look funky just enable editing.

TM MFD Blanks.docxTM Warthog Stick Template.docxTM Warthog Throttle Template.docxCOD Warthog Stick.docxCOD Warthog Throttle .docxTM MFD COD.docx