My X55 Rhino Came Today

Snacko

• 1 month later...

Here is a video of one of the bugs that I have been having with the x55 for anyone who is interested.  I wish I knew someone who had this same stick to do this test so I could see if this is unique to me.  I have uninstalled TS, deleted it's folder, rebooted and reinstalled it to no avail..  The bug still occurs...

I made this video to show to Saitek Support.  I am currently waiting for a response.

Their last software update said it fixed a repeating keypress bug.  I had this same type of bug when I tested the x55 on 3 different pcs.  And during that testing several months ago I was 'not' using TS on those computers.  So maybe the did fix some other repeating bug.  

• 1. DDz Quorum

Looks like there's some conflict between TS and that Saitek SW/HW....

In TS, try and switch off Push-To-Talk.

And/or 'Delay releasing Push-To-Talk' should you have it checked.

For TS to work okay in 'all circumstances' it must look at all key and button presses, and filter out some of them...

While programming, watching keys and buttons, and Capturing them can be very.... tricky. Finicky.

Especially if a program needs to 

Here's a wild guess: Try and use the Task Manager to change the priority of the TS3Client process, or of the Saitek Software.... one up, to 'Above Normal', or 'High'... just for the fun of it :)

Maybe if one of the two has the 'power/speed' over the other.... (Oh, disclaimer... if it all goes haywire, this was not my advice!)

post-947-0-24521500-1401127097_thumb.jpg

That did it!  It appears to be fixed!!

I HATE SAITEK!!!  They are MORONS!  They should be telling customers about this and other basic things to try, but they have not been any help at all in the past 4 months.  I solved one problem by bypassing my usb hub, and now this problem without their help.

Thanks Jack!   :thumbsu:

I can't wait to hear what they say to my Support Ticket with that video.  I cannot believe they know anything about this problem.  And if they do, why have they not mentioned it anywhere or even in any of my 4 support tickets?

• 10 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

Just placed my order for an X55, having been given an award at work out of the blue :)

Old topic being necro'd I know, but..

Any profiles to share?

Any hints that are new with this HOTAS?

1. In Teamspeak, Settings, Options, Hotkeys, select "Keyboard & Mouse Only" in the bottom/right combobox.  Or TS will cause problems when the x55 sends keys.
  2. Do not have the Profile Editor open when testing in game, or just using in game.  It can capture sent keystrokes.
  3. Right-Click on the icon in the SysTray to select (download) your profile.  Click on it to open the Profile Editor.
  4. Grease your shaft.
  5. If you have problems, plug them directly into your motherboard USB.
  6. Again, if you have problems.  Search x55 USB 3.0 HUB Ghosting.  I have not had this, but there seems to be a problem on some systems with USB 3.0.  
  7. Last, don't ever call Saitek Support.  

Here are my profiles.  I assign all of the buttons with the Saitek Profile Editor, and all of the Axis 'in-game'.  

X-55 Rhino.rar

Some of my profiles were setup when I first got the x55 and was having problems.  Saitek Support said to make the commands 'Advanced Commands' to fix their bugs.  But that is not necessary now from my experience now.  So, if you see any simple Advanced commands, and have problems with them, just change them to basic Keypresses.   :thumbsu:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Came within a gnats whisker of RMA'ing the X55.

Rudder (I don't actually need it due to having pedals) was spiking like crazy and reporting less than 10% displacement.

Throttle #1 was not registering 100% full throttle and was out of sync with throttle #2.

No way to calibrate either issue out so out came the screw driver.

Throttle was a case of loosening off the gear wheel carrier, rotating it 2 teeth and re-tightening.

Now reports correctly.

Rudder was a little harder to track down cause and correct, I checked internal (to base) wiring for chaffed or loose wires, no joy.

It then occurred to me to detach, clean the contacts, and re-attach the joystick handle, now works perfectly.

Had a 'mare with the software when I tried to uninstall it and re-install, found the USB (including hidden) device deletion and registry cleaner worked a charm.

Finally I can now start to learn what is where and see how well the Rhino and I can merge :)