Nope, it is the Isle of Wight.  It does represent a tremendous amount of work by Mr. Heinkill but it is not a new map.  I believe Team Fusion are working on new content for TF patch 5.00 but that is many months away and as yet we have no confirmation of what or where this new map will be.  Malta does seem to be the fave at the moment.

I think Team Fusion have done some astonishing things with what is now a piece of abandonware but if they can pull off a new map or new planes and cockpits to the same level of detail and quality as the original sim then it will be truly remarkable. 

• 2. Administrators

I think Team Fusion have done some astonishing things with what is now a piece of abandonware but if they can pull off a new map or new planes and cockpits to the same level of detail and quality as the original sim then it will be truly remarkable. 

Thats a kinda funny thing to say about the map in particular, since they've improved it a thousand fold. New map is already well into development, my moneys on the med somewhere.

Not really.  Team Fusion certainly have improved it a great deal but it's a hell of a map anyway, covering a big area in great detail.  If we had a Spit. mk.V, a 109F and a '190 you could greatly expand the whole scenario into 1941 and 1942 and take the war into France properly. 

My point is that the map we have and the plane set too were originally made by a professional team of fifty plus.  I think that's reflected in the scale and quality of what we have.  If Team Fusion - a small group of dedicated amateurs - can live up to that to standard then it really will be extraordinary.  

Of course, if they do, it still begs the question  "What were the fifty f#%kwits doing in Moscow all those years?" :P

I would have thought Malta the obvious choice, especially if  they can put a cockpit in the Beaufighter and Wellington.

Who knows.

• 2. Administrators

Not really.  Team Fusion certainly have improved it a great deal but it's a hell of a map anyway, covering a big area in great detail.  If we had a Spit. mk.V, a 109F and a '190 you could greatly expand the whole scenario into 1941 and 1942 and take the war into France properly. 

The map was a mess at release. Big, yes, good no.

Spit mk vb is a certainty and won't be hard for them to do at all, the 109 F much more work, but they will certainly be thinking of it long tern, expect to see the E7 soon which again won't be to hard for them to do. Fw190, i'd stick to BoS!