Location, Location, Location

• 1. DDz Quorum

From my Minnesota born Father-in-Law:

In the news this week, a Southern California man was put under 72-hour psychiatric observation when it was found he owned 100 guns and had (by rough estimate) 1 hundred thousand rounds of ammunition stored in his home. The house also has a secret escape tunnel.

The television reporter said: "Wow! He has about a million machine gun bullets!" and the headline referred to it as a "massive weapons cache".

By California standards someone owning even 10,000 rounds would be called "mentally unstable".

If he lived elsewhere, such as Arizona , he'd be called "an avid gun collector."

In Oklahoma, he'd be called "a novice gun collector".

In Utah, he'd be called "moderately well prepared", but they'd probably reserve judgement until they made sure that he had a corresponding quantity of stored food.

In Montana, he'd be called "the neighborhood 'Go-To' guy".

In Minnesota, he'd be called " fanatic redneck hunter".

In Idaho, he'd be called "a likely gubernatorial candidate".

In Wyoming, he'd be called "an eligible bachelor".

and...

In Texas , he'd be called "a Hunting Buddy"............

• 1. DDz Quorum

This post started me to wonder, how much ammo I have in the house. Over the years, I was a USMC Recruiter and when a nearby Reserve unit switched from M-14 (.308) to M-16s (.223) they gave away some loose rounds. I have a machine gun belt with 150 rds. No machine gun though, but they do work in a .308 deer rifle I used to use.

With old police ammo and shotgun, .410 and .12ga., along with .22, it all adds up to exacly 2,000 rounds of ammunition. I'm sure some day the family will say, "What in the hell did he have all these for ?"

I'm going to start on the tunnel as soon as the ground thaws out...

It always irritates me when people are shocked over how much Ammo somebody has, when I can buy 1,000 bullets for my two .22's for less than $100.

Although 100,000 rounds is substantial... I wonder if he needs a friend to help him use up some stock. :minigun:

I can't speak for the rest of the Gun Dogz around these parts but I routinely head to the range with excess of 100 rounds and make it a point to come home empty.

And as you can only fire a bullet once, it adds up. (I gotta get into reloading... Save some $$ on brass)

Besides, everythings cheaper in Bulk, if I'm going to the big city I'm gonna stock up.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm seriously lamenting not stocking up. I only have .c200 .223 rounds for my Stag. I could be expelled from several states for that level of unpreparedness. It's pretty much impossible to get .223 ammo around here these days.