Interesting Pic

DD_Bongodriver

Looks like fake to me. Only place I could find this particular photo was here: http://www.northweal...USEUM-SHOP.html as a postcard if you scroll down a bit. The Gloster Meteor looks a bit strange. The canopy is way to short (you can actually see they have erased the back of the canopy for some reason) and the yellow stripe on the fuslage I could only find on a training plane, like T7 and one other type. But the T7 has a much larger canopy and the other had a rounded rudder. The tail/rudder is not the rounded type and indicates it is an F8 or later. The photo is obviously modified. Either they have cropped in each plane or masked the planes and saturated the background (look at furthest top, they have missed a bit). There is a significant aura halo/pixlation arond each plane which indicates they either cropped/copied the planes from another photo, or owersharped them and maybe resized the photo. Also have a close look around the tailwheel at the Hurrie. I searched the internet and could not find any matching photo of either the Lightning, Meteor, Hunter or the Javelin. Strange.

I agree with Swep. I think it's a photoshop. Notice the Lightning has no wing-tanks fitted? That's going to give it a really short endurance. Enough time to form up for a photo shoot? Also, Lightning must be on the edge of a stall to keep formation with the Hurricane. The Javelin was a big 'plane too. Just

does not look correctly proportioned in regards to the Hunter. The Meteor? I don't think it was ever there. Couldn't keep up with the Hurri in a cruise, ran out of fuel or just plain decided to crash of it's own accord anyway. Thats what Meteors did best. Hope the crew were o.k.