Update Had Fooked My Game- Now Fixed

I havnt tried the game in ages, I didnt manually add any of the patches butsince the update I thought I would check it out and now my game isnt working due to launcher.exe crashes.

sometimes it is at the launch of the game and sometimes I can get into the game and select a mission but when it has completed the loading bar and about to launch it crashes.

I have searched the net but cant find a definitive answer , so far I have tried

1) varifying steam files

2) removing and reinstalling game using steam

3) removing config file from mydocuments/1csoftclub/il2-sturmovich cliffs of dover and steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover

4)cleared cache

nothing works does anyone here know of anything I can do to try to get this POS to work?

I am running windows 7 64 and nvidea460 graphics and it ran ok previously

EDIT updated the dotnetfx40 and this helped launch game

set everything in graphics to low and missions now launch, I am working up the settings to see what I can use

You should be able to run fairly high settings with that card, my 470 runs her pretty well maxed out! Have you updated the driver lately?

Agree. The latest 300. series drivers have this FXAA business which I've enabled through the Nvidia control panel. It's not the same as having proper anti-ailiasing running in the game but it does make a worthwhile difference. Helps a great deal in RoF too when you enable post-effects.