Time To Swap Over To New Gaming Computer With Windows 7.

Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Rog, Kev, Ross M8s,

OK OK I get it ! :P

I will be installing 64 bit as soon as the disc arrives fron uncle JABO. I was just curious to see if that patch worked at all. For gaming purposes the most important thing for me is stability so you guys are of course right. Having bought the 32 bit OS in error I had to at least try. Interesting experiment though :D

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers, Mick.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Bit more for you, from http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/193323-possible-use-full-4gb-ram-win7-x86.html#post1628096

q.gif Quote: Originally Posted by flemur13013 firstnew.gif

Yes, it's possible to access 4Gig from 32 bit Win 7. I've been doing it for a while and never had any problems at all.

Find "4GB-RAMPatch-Multilingual-12.7.2010.exe" and run it.

That's a hack of unknown origin and while it may work, it runs inside the Windows kernel and with full privileges over the entire system. To trust something like this not to mess up your system is insane... It also violates licensing agreements with Microsoft.

That was one posters comment, so far I have gone 3 or 4 pages deep in google and not found an original source.

Underline and bold is my emphasis (as is the red lol).

Now if you were doing this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa366796%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

That at least is clean, but still leaves the system doing clever stuff in the background, and you are still 32bit at the base.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Rog,

Thanks, I read the http://msdn.microsof...v=VS.85%29.aspx thread ,then I read it again. The fact that it says 163 out of 191 readers found that helpful just made me feel bad ! LOL

So it's a safe way of increasing 32bit memory limits right. I think I had just better install 64 bit M8 ;)

Thanks very much for looking into it Rog.

Cheers, Mick.

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Chaps,

A massive "thank you" to our very own JABO for spending many hours on TS helping me get things sorted.

Thanks also to everyone who steered me in the right direction kicking and screaming :D

~S~ Painless.

• 2. Administrators

You're welcome. Glad my tinkering with the disk iso's got you a 64-bit pro install without you having to go and buy another copy too.

EDIT: Saved my marriage ! LOL ~S~ P.