Hobbycraft 1/48 Sea Fury

delta7

Hawker Sea Fury 1/48 Hobbycraft

This was a kit I picked up on e-bay and included a coopers detail set , airwaves undercarraige set and airwaves cockpit set, and two vac canopies of which more later

I used the best of these along with aeromaster decals ( which were superb and supplied the stencils)

I have enough left over to detail a second kit if I decide to build another,the cuban marking look really nice.

The kit is fairly basic and only let down by the thick one piece cockpit canopy , however I ruined 2 vac canopies trying to get an open pit and have decided I really dont like working with these so I used the kits piece.

The wheel well is pretty basic so I added some wires and plastic to busy it up

My only problem was when spraying the invasion stripes my mask slipped and I ended up covering the kit with white so had to strip it back and start again.- lesson learnt , dont skimp on masking tape

DSCN1512.jpg

DSCN1508.jpg

DSCN1505.jpg

DSCN1503.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ Dave,

What a beautiful airplane that is ! Nice job on the customising. Sounds like the canopy was a bitch but the standard one doesn't look too bad ay ?

I know what you mean about masking, one small gap can cause you a world of work to put right!

Nice pics M8.

Cheers, Mick.