Well Heck, Here Is Mine Then (No, Not X-Rated)

PropNut

Everyone is posting pictures of their homemade controllers so I thought I would.

I built a full simpit a couple of years ago (although I no longer use it) and here are the major parts that I made. I used two BU0836X boards for 16 Axis and 80 buttons.

The joystick (sort of a mix of the I-16 and the spit controller. I used a U-Joint and home made hall effect sensors.

DSC03504.jpg

DSC03495.jpg

DSC03506.jpg

DSC03507.jpg

My rudder pedals, made from 1/2 Baltic birch, some skate bearings, and cheap pots. Works very well.

DSC02661.jpg

My throttle quadrant

DSC03595.jpg

and a fake illuminator site to hide my Freetrack Webcam

DSC02852.jpg

I retired my simpit as I hardly used it, gave the Q6600 system away and built this for my office:

DSC04633.jpg

DSC04630.jpg

DSC04656.jpg

DSC04638.jpg

DSC04636.jpg

DSC04625.jpg

Brando, it is easy to get here. Take the crosstown tube to Brimley station, exchange there to the Wumpus underground bus, into the trans-dimensional cross-way, bump over to the downtown portal and then step into my yard. Easy Peasy.

Actually, I would be happy to give the stick, throttle quadrant and rudder pedals to anyone that wants to pay for shipping.

Actually, my wife is one reason I build my own. Brand new toys sitting on the table are easily translatable into new shoes or a handbag whereas a few insignificant looking componants arriviing in jiffy bags to make what looks suspiciously like junk tends to slip under the radar.:)