Next monday i'm going to Upgrade my machine (already have the specs):

OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows® 7

PROCESSOR: Pentium® Intel Core i3 2.66GHz

RAM: 4GB

ATI 5770

HARD DISK: 500GB

and so on...

my question is:

I already have a BACKUP of the game. should i make a recent one? and after the installation, since , my system is XP and i'm upgrading to 7, do i have to reisntall the game, patches, mods, all over again, or the EXE file in the backup do the work??

Thanks in advance, M8's :thumbsu:

Cheers

A

Personally, I would do a reinstall, but you don't have to. You can go with your backup and if that has problems, then start over with a reinstall.

Windows 7 (and Vista) has a security feature called UAC (User Account Control). It pops up a window every time you do something it doesn't like, which is about every 5 minutes. I turned it off. It is one of Windows way of making sure your computer (or you) don't overwrite any program files. It probably does other stuff too. But that is a hassle if you want to mod a game. Also it is annoying if you know what you are doing...

Also, I recommend that you don't install your games into any 'Program Files' folders. Then you can also avoid this Windows 7 problem and mod your games without hassle. I suggest that you create a folder on your C: drive called My Programs like this:

C:\My Programs

Snack

Personally, I would do a reinstall, but you don't have to. You can go with your backup and if that has problems, then start over with a reinstall.

Windows 7 (and Vista) has a security feature called UAC (User Account Control). It pops up a window every time you do something it doesn't like, which is about every 5 minutes. I turned it off. It is one of Windows way of making sure your computer (or you) don't overwrite any program files. It probably does other stuff too. But that is a hassle if you want to mod a game. Also it is annoying if you know what you are doing...

Also, I recommend that you don't install your games into any 'Program Files' folders. Then you can also avoid this Windows 7 problem and mod your games without hassle. I suggest that you create a folder on your C: drive called My Programs like this:

C:\My Programs

Snack

Very helpful Andy, thanx.

I'll try to run the backup first and see how it goes, and then i'll see....

:thumbsu:

cheers

A

• 1. DDz Quorum

No need to re-install IL2. It will run fine if you restore that backup to a folder on the new system.

Indeed make sure you do not put it in C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Only some third party tools for IL2 may need a registry entry that's normally being created when you install IL2.

Should you be using such a tool, the registry entry can easily be re-created, without having to install IL2.

Good luck with the upgrade!