Files For Quick Mission Tuner For 4.10

• 2. Administrators

for those that are going to host 4.10 co-ops, these files may come in very handy,

they are the updated to 4.10 aircraft and weapons files for quick mission tuner.

copy into your QMT folder to use.

http://www.dangerdogz.com/forums/files/file/464-qmt-update-for-410/

• 2. Administrators

Ok, I think i've found the problem.

I've got the Curtis wright in to a mission through QMT, and it played fine,

However, i think the problems are being caused by squadrons not being recognised,

basically, any missions which have this green icon by one of the flights,

ScreenHunter_01Dec260227.jpg

is because QMT for sure, and maybe the game as well, can't recognise the squadron. I know they have reworked some squadron stuff in 4.10, but don't know exactly whats been done.

when i edited a mission without those symbols,

ScreenHunter_02Dec260228.jpg

i had no problem putting in the curtis wright, and it was all fine when i started up the co-op.

To conclude, the QMT files are good, but some of the missions have squadrons that either 4.10 doesn't like and or QMT doesn't recognise.

will dig a bit deeper over the coming days, but i think the only way to change squadrons is in the FMB.

• 1. DDz Quorum

FT said last night that he had encountered a bug with squadrons and previous missions. He went to log it and found it had already been noted. I think he said it was a typo in one of the files causing it not to work.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Friar, it had not been noted already, I initially found that bug, (SO ITS MINE! I TAGGED IT! :icon_cyclops_ani: ) asked the mission maker (1.Java_Sjonnie) about it, he confirmed it to be happening on his system as well, I had BG test it, he confirmed it too.

1.Java Sjonnie has put it in the 1C Thread...

Have heard from Aviar there's more issues with the Squadron/Regiment/Wing naming stuff.

Apart from adding to the list, they've changed names in the list as well, which it makes it kinda challenging I think, to check what is what and why and how... and that's probably where the use of third party utilities can cause some unexpected results...

That's pretty bad I think.... big time.

Oh well...

• 1. DDz Quorum

Have studied this some more, installed QMT (Finally!), updated it with the 2.01 and 4.10m files.

Well, there's a line missing in the QMT_Squadron.txt file.

I've added this one:

r,USSR,78IAP,red,23,78st IAP (Fighter)

Simply copied it from the line above, then replaced 71 by 78, for two instances.

And now, that specific mission shows up fine. (In this example, I-153's replaced by the CW21's

post-465-0-12740000-1293367971_thumb.jpg

Also, the mission can be hosted successfully now.

Also attached here, the QMT_Squadron.txt file with the fix in it.

QMT_Squadron.txt

Question remaining is, how many more are missing? Failed? Messed up?

We'll find out I guess... sooner or later... <_<

• 2. Administrators

This still seems to have bugs in it it FT. I can't get it to work properly.

did you remember to point QMT at 4.10 install, both through the prefs tab as well, as changing the directory in the bottom left corner?

@FT, when i first started doing stuff for the nine lives campaign, i had to add about 50% of the Raf squadrons the campaign uses manually into the squadrons file as well.

By the way, you can only have either the UP2.01 files, or the 4.10 files operated in QMT, not a mix, i've just been copying in and out which files i'm using, depending on whether i'm using UP2.01 or 4.10

• 5 months later...
  • 1. DDz Quorum

They do not show up in the Full Mission Builder?

One thing I found out is that in the FMB the sorting of the list of name is done in a kinda creative way.... (Similar in the QMb, there you can select to sort 'alphabetical', dunno what ABC they've been using, I'm not familiar with that one.

Like this:

Hurricane ...

Hurricana ...

Sea Hurricane ...

SeaHurricane ...

Sikorsky ...

Sikorsky ...

I-15

(...)

I-153

I-16

UTI-4 type 16, 1937

I-16

I can see why one would want to put the Sea Hurricane near the Hurricane, but why is the next one a Sikorsky? And there's more like that.

What aircraft are you missing?