Tir Centering

Shadrach

I have just got a copy of Windows 7 installed. I have got IL2 and most things needed with it up and running with the exception of Tint which would be nice but not essential and I think a fix is due out sometime. One problem I do have is centering the TIR5 software. I have a key mapped which works fine in the TIR screen but will not work when in game. Because of lack of desk space I'm using a nostromo n52 gamepad as a keyboard but obviously I can still use the keyboard if I want but the issue affects both keyboard and gamepad. Any thoughts?

I have just got a copy of Windows 7 installed. I have got IL2 and most things needed with it up and running with the exception of Tint which would be nice but not essential and I think a fix is due out sometime. One problem I do have is centering the TIR5 software. I have a key mapped which works fine in the TIR screen but will not work when in game. Because of lack of desk space I'm using a nostromo n52 gamepad as a keyboard but obviously I can still use the keyboard if I want but the issue affects both keyboard and gamepad. Any thoughts?

Hello Shadrach, is the key mapped to another function in game?

• 1. DDz Quorum

Here's a trick for you: In game in the controls screen, just assign that particular key to a function you do not use (there must be some of those, I think).

If it was assigned before, it'll tell you. If so, press Yes to assign it to the new function. Then do it again (assigning that key to the same new function)... the key will then be set free!

• 1. DDz Quorum

Make sure you run the TiR software as admin ;)

I found this out the hard way!

Seems the 'trapping' of the key stroke whilst another program is foreground (as IL2 will be) is considered malicious by Win7 unless program is running as admin.

I've double checked. The TIR centre is set to num pad 6 and a key on the n5 is mapped to num pad 6. Pressing the n5 key and num pad 6 on key board centres TIR when directly in TIR software but not when in game. Nothing else in controls or Sans FOV uses num pad 6. This has never happened in Xp so I'm thinking its a Windows 7 issue. Will try TIR as admin.