Which New Motherboard?

Sid

• 1. DDz Quorum

My current mobo, an Asus P5N-T Deluxe , is giving me issues so I want to replace it.

I would like a Socket 775 as I could keep the recently aquired quad core Q9650 that won't work in the Deluxe and would like to keep as many current internals if possible. However if necessary I will sell the Q9650 to get a more modern board/processor if required.

There are many boards out there....does anyone have any advice as to reliability? I have had 2 Asus boards in 3 years, this one and a Striker Extreme.

I have no interest in over clocking.

Edit: Looking at this, an Asus P6X58D-E

Cheerzen

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi Sid,

I just rebuilt about three months ago and selected the ASUS P6X58D Premium. Its a socket 1366 and the one you link to is also a 1366, not a 775.

I'm very satisfied, I went with an i7-920 CPU and 6GB of 998691 Mushkin memory. Since straightening out my problems with the router its been cruising along just fine. All settings in IL-2 are maxed, no stutters.

I constructed it all myself, second build and it fit together with no glitches. Lots of room for the future with Sata 6 and USB 3 etc....

Pooka

• 2. Administrators

Thanks Pook, that's just what I wanted to hear. I'm looking at a similar processor and 6gb of Corsair 10666 running at 1333 hz.

i'd get 1600Mhz memory personally, i've got 6GB corsiar XMS3 1600Mhz.

i've got a similar processor to pookas, an i7-940, and its a fantastic chip, used in conjunction with an asus P6T deluxe mb, so easy to overclock as well.