Caf F-18 Pops A Wheelie

DoubleTap

Wow...

how'd you edit in the compass?

Pretty easy.

I grabbed a scan a guy did of one with a white background. I then imported the graphic file into Final Cut Pro.

When I dropped it in over the video in Final Cut Pro, I then applied a Luminance Filter on it. That takes out the brightest elements, and with most of it merely black lettering, it basically renders it clear.

If you look carefully the filter is a little dirty, and you can see some faint trace of the graphic. If I had toyed with the filter I would have been able to clean it out completely.

DT

I love those maneuvers. I bet they have a hand ready on the ejection handle when they do that. :laughing7:

Reminds of this Belgian F-16 I saw in 2007:

There was a Dutch F-16 there as well, it almost looked like they had challenged eachother to whom would do the best solo routine.

Best airshow I've ever been to, with JAS Gripen, Eurofighter, F-16's, F-4's, Raphale M's, Tornado, all kinds of prop planes, civil aircrafts and Bell H-1 choppers with a bunch of special forces dangling underneath them to name a few.

Boy, there is absolutely no room for error in a maneuver like that. You’re really depending on the aircraft to not have the slightest problem. One hiccup with the engines and it could get really bad, really fast.

On a side note, it took me a moment to figure out the CAF part, but I finally got it. It’s a CAF F-18, as in Canadian Air Force.

When I first saw the title I thought it was a Confederate Air Force F-18. We’ve got that in Texas. ;)