G940's Got Some Issues.

Kimosabi

~S~

Finally found the root to my mic problems. After endless tweaks and head scratching I've got tally. It appears that when my quadrant is at FoolTrottel, buttons T4, T2 and HatSwitch up&down won't work. I had the manual gear assigned to HAT Up&Down so when I tried raising my gear on yesterdays I-16 mission it wouldn't work. Without thinking about it I reduced throttle to about 80% while tapping and then it worked. Another thing is that my mic was set to T4...... Tried pressing mic at FoolTrottel while looking at the TS screen and there it was. The T2 is a non issue cuz that's wing fold. Probably best to have it NOT working at FoolTrottel. Re-assigned mic to S4 stick button and gear to INS/DEL and it's all groovy again. :thumbsu:

Made another observation: the profile switch might be the bogey. It automatically switches to #2 profile at FoolTrottel so one of these day I'm opening it up to see if there's any cables grinding or something in there. Too bad you can't buy separate components for this system.

Cheers!

*edit* It's not an old problem BTW. I think it popped up last week or so. Earlier I had assigned PGUP/PGDWN and HOME/END in the game. Also not good since they adjust mic levels in Vista. Jah?

Not out of warranty yet but usually I can't be bothered wasting my time with bureaucrats and lazy repair guys. RMA stuff would take some time and in that time I'd probably just annoy myself. It's probably just some dust or a grinding wire, or a button malfunction if it's not a driver issue. Nothing a dude like myself can't handle. O0