Widescreen Format For Il2?

DoubleTap

My wife needed to borrow my monitor while she ordered a new flat panel one. When it came, she offered to allow me to try it out on my PC to see if I liked it better. I still have to compare the overall image quality (I think they are the same basically), but "hers" is a true widescreen, which my old was not.

Now, IL2 displays stretched a bit to fit the screen, and while there is mild distortion, it does not seem to bother me.

What I was wondering, though, was there a way to make IL2 actually display MORE peripheral vision in the cockpit rather than stretching the image. In other words, does IL2 have a widescreen (16:9) switch or the like in the config file?

DT

My wife needed to borrow my monitor while she ordered a new flat panel one. When it came, she offered to allow me to try it out on my PC to see if I liked it better. I still have to compare the overall image quality (I think they are the same basically), but "hers" is a true widescreen, which my old was not.

Now, IL2 displays stretched a bit to fit the screen, and while there is mild distortion, it does not seem to bother me.

What I was wondering, though, was there a way to make IL2 actually display MORE peripheral vision in the cockpit rather than stretching the image. In other words, does IL2 have a widescreen (16:9) switch or the like in the config file?

DT

Hi DT read this thread and this one :)

~S~ DT

I’ve got a 24 inch Dell widescreen and these are the setting that I use.

[window]

Width=1680

Height-1050

Colourbits=32

Depthbits=24

Stencilbits=8

Changescreenres=1

Fullscreen=1

Drawifnotfocused=0

Enableresize=0

Enableclose=1

Saveaspect=0

Use3renders=0

I now do all my flying in Wide View, so I have generous peripheral vision. I’ve lost nothing in the way of visibility, I fly using the instruments rather than the speed bar and can see them very clearly. I use Normal View only when I want a little bit of zoom when attacking ground targets.

Gun Sight View is so magnified as to be of no use to me.

• 2. Administrators

if you have a widescreen monitor, Sans Fov changer is a must imo.

It can occasionally be a pain in the ass sometimes, but its the only way you can get il2 to display the extra bits at the side, without cropping and stretching to fit, and i always fly with it.

DT

Hi DT read this thread and this one :)

Sweet, guys! I cannot wait to try it out!

DT