Help

Lothar

Hey Dogs,

I haven't been up to much flying this summer, but I feel this is about going to change.. I'm sorry if I suddenly went quiet without telling why, reason is simply that during summer a whole lot is going on and the few moments I could actually have flown I didn't feel in the mood. But I knew autumn would come, so it didn't need a farewell.

Anyway, I'm back into my school routine, and very happy to say that probably from next week on I'll be able to joing you all in the sky once again.

I've got just a small issue, apparently 4.09 is finally out. I think it's great, and I just downloaded this patch too, but now I'm not too sure anymore if my game version is still compatible with the one you dogs are using now... So can someone please be so kind to tell me what exactly has changed? I still have the game like it was last June,

• 2. Administrators

Hi Lothar,

Glad to hear you're on your way back to the pound.

We're still flying AAA 1.1 for the time being, although AAA 1.2 is now out (you can find this in the Vault) which some of us have while others don't, so no hurry for that at present.

Jim is using 4.09 final for his ubizoo session on Saturdays.

You'll need separate installs for 4.09 and AAA 1.1 though as they're not cross-compatible.

Jabo

Jabo

Thanks for all the help so far guys,

so I patched the clean install up to 4.09m (could handle that), but apparently I forgot how to launch the game without needing the actual DVD. I've bought the DVD, take my word, but I haven't got it next to me and I'm sure there must be a way to launch 4.09 without needing the official disk.. thanks for any help..

(But don't panic, I kept the UI 1.1, this 4.09 is just a separate install..)

I'm sorry, but the file I get once it's downloaded is called il2fb.47.exe

Now I don't know what that .47 is doing there, and when I try to run it I get the message 'il2fb.47.exe is not a valid win32 program' (translated from dutch)

when I delete the .47 it's still the same message... I will download it again, but if anyone has better ideas..

EDIT: when I open it as administrator,

Nope, doesn't work BG, but thank you. If you say I have to put this il2fb.47 into the game file, you main the main folder right? Where il2fbis already located?

oh well I guess I'll wait to play this 409final until I have found my disk again. But many thanks for your help so far

The switcher? What do you mean with the switcher? I mean, I can't get the 4.09 running, that's a copy without mods (clean 4.07+4.08+4.09), so I don't get a version switcher with it...

Well, nvm I'll just wait for UI 1.2.5 to come out, and I'm sure it will work fine then.

Gec,

IT WORKS!!

Thank you a lot!

BG, it's strange, but the 47 exe didn't work for me... Maybe it's for 4.08 only?

np m8. glad i can help.

@BG: i'll test the 47 file today when i come back from work. maybe got corrupted. never used it so would not know.