How To Make A Dual Install Of 409 and Your Current Game.

Beebop-RIP

Thanks Beebop. I'd like to add that installation over a clean version of 4.09b1m is also safe to do. I've guided several people through that already, without problems.

One thing that did occur during my installation was a revival of that old hoodoo, SecuRom! That occurred because I bought a very early copy of FB which had that particular piece of crap written into it. It asked me to insert the disc, which I did, and then it told me I had the wrong disc :rolleyes: Rather than let this pos drag me through hoops, I d/led and swapped in a friend's il2fb.exe which worked fine. My friend had bought a later version of FB without SR, and had upgraded to 4.09m without problem, so his .exe worked fine :)

I will upload the good il2fb.exe to the vault if anyone else is experiencing this problem.

B :dog:

Thanks Beebop. I'd like to add that installation over a clean version of 4.09b1m is also safe to do. I've guided several people through that already, without problems.

I Installed over a 4.09b1m version also after trying to install without sucess over a 4.08 mods enabled copy. I also keep a back up copy of the 4.08 version on an 8gb memory stick which will play on a relatively low spec laptop

I have placed the il2fb.exe that I use into the Vault. Check the .exe that you have now: if it is less than 4.33Mb in size then replace it with the one I have uploaded. Please back-up the current one, of course, in case mine doesn't help. Apart from possibly not working, this file will not damage your PC or your file-system. Only to be used for 4.09m installations....

good luck, hope it helps