FBD ScriptWriter/Avira AntiVir

T_O_A_D

Hey guys

I keep alot of old progs and aps that apply to IL2 and I installed this Avira AntiVir

After Brando posted it, just to try it out.

Well it found this old prog/script in my collection of things FBD ScriptWriter

and its clames its a threat, and needs to be quarantined.

I don't believe I've ever used the prog, but weird it just now gets found, in this old zip file.

fbd_sw_2003.zip

Anyone ever used this prog

Hey Toad :)

Avira doesn't tend to throw up many false-positives so it's my assumption that the Scriptwriter uses some code that has been used (probably elsewhere) as a method of introducing malware. This is often seen if you are using "naughty" software such as key generators which enable substitution of passwords and so on. These are rightly picked up as viruses of the "dropper" type. This is probably the explanation for the detection.

What to do about it? Well, now you know it's there you can either delete it, or just make Avira "allow" it to remain by placing it on the "white-list". You could research its threat status through the Avira website to decide whether it's a keeper or a chucker.

B

Funny thing is its been in that zip in my collection since 2003 and AVS, Avast and possibly Norton never found it. And I'm sure I haven't looked into the zip or opened it since then till It was black listed last night.

Odd, now I'm more curious about the file than ever, but even more afraid to open it LOL