Any concertina players here?

erco

I can play guitar and trombone, but no concertina. I would recommend going to your local music store and checking if they have any beginner literature (usually plenty). I heard concertinas are rather difficult to play but rather fun when you get used to it.

They say there's no magic left in the world.

When you can entertain yourself on music you played on your instrument, you get a pleasant feeling of accomplishment and expression of emotions. When you do that with other people in a band, the feeling is magnified exponentially by the synergy and karma that develops between them. Takes a lot of practice to get competent on your instrument. But its worth it. Like Learning to fly and then the tactics that prepare you for battle. All that practice pays off. You learn in stages.

At your stage, 1/2 hour per day is better than 3 hours 1 time a week. Try to stay relaxed , not tighten your muscles up when playing scales or all the dull, boring rudiment drills that are the foundation of being able to play freely and where your imagination takes you because you've played the essential building blocks of any song, so you can play anything as it occurs to you.

Hope you stay with it, m8. There will be frustrating times and feelings of plateau (feeling you keep laying the same riffs over and over and you have a form of Writer's block---let them pass because they will---if you keep at it. You're opening the synapses that control the muscles you need to move at the right time. Same as developing a golf swing or a baseball batter's swing or...it takes practice of the fundamentals.

But the payoff is fantastic and can't be purchased anywhere. That's magic. Ask any musician.

Strider