external hard drive

JensenPark

I have a 500gb Western Digital Mybook, and I love it. got it for about 70£, and it words flawlessly. not only is it pretty quick, but also looks good, black shiny finish with a blue lights on the front to indicate use and power. It is also shaped like a book, so it can be hidden on a bookshelf if you want.

• 2. Administrators

I reckon you'll pay more for a 'branded' external drive m8 - over here 250Gb drives retail for about 120USD - bear in mind though that this is for a 2.5" drive not a standard 3.5" drive which tend to be cheaper, although my supplier has now stopped doing external 250's in 3.5" format as there's next to no demand according to him. You're probably better off going for a 3.5" 500Gb unit which will only cost a few dollars more (I can get those for 120USD! - Maxtor too) but give you double the storage.

When it comes to HDDs, I must confess to a certain amount of snobbery, I always go for branded drives usually Western Digital or Maxtor. Dunno why, just been happy with those in the past - running 2x 500Gb WD SATA drives in the box at the moment - why I need 1TB of space I'm not sure, but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

~S~ Jabo