Combat comix issue 7: Herman the German gets even.

Enforcer57

This is an abbreviated version guys, so if you have any extra stuff that you wanna post, go for it. I could only run this thing once due to time limits. Also, I did a screen of the pilot screen for id purposes, but for some reason it just went away and isnt there, so I was unable to id most of the allied pilots this time.....SOOOO, if you recognize yourself, lemme know and Ill change this to give you proper credit for your exploits.

Anyhoot, it appears that the hero of this misn is a German 85mm AA crew henceforth referred to as Hermann the German. DT has already done a list of all the carnage that thing produced among ground forces and aircraft that day, even accusing us of using a mechwarrior (one of our secret weapons we are developing you see-snaps boots together CLICK).

The Luftwaffe came back with a vengance this time despite the odds, plus we got really lucky. The Allied scum will not take Italy; the chix are just too hot.

You will need to move that irritating bar at the bottom of each three shot section to see them all of course (I hate that thing).

Rattler and Klinger attack the leading enemy armor elements with some success. Here Rattler makes his stealthy approach on an unwarry Sherman crew.

1-16rattlerattackssherman.jpg

2-16rattleroversherman.jpg

Rattler provides BG with some more scrap to sell or convert to use in building his condos on the Italian beach.

3-16rattlerscoressherman.jpg

Our single AI 109G2 drone did alright, taking out Bucky and holding his own for a while before getting whacked by a Spit (ID?).

16buckydeflectionwithai.jpg

Fireman and Painless make head-on passes at each other until they clip wingtips......here Fireman ejects as Painless splatters below (at least Michal Caine's evil twin is not around to kill any more of us this misn

the sky is crowded as Hellcats flying CAP over the naval forces join in the fight over a small area.

5-16furball.jpg

Knight takes out Akula and he bails near the area of the bridghead.

6-16knightbagsakula.jpg

During the fight, a JU-52 flies nervously above the fight, weary of Friar since the unfortunate fratricide incident recently when the seaplane JU got in front of his guns. Perfectly understandable, considering the resemblance of so many allied plane types with three engines and pontoons.......hey, it could happen to anybody (but thank GOD it wasn't me).

7-16FriarleavesJUalone.jpg

The furball, as always, winds up low, and several daisy chains result as planes chase each other around the Italian sky. Here JP pulls an AI Hellcat outta one of these and pounces.

8-1610913afterhellcat.jpg

JP scores some 20mm hits and the F6F is doomed. 5in rockets don't help the plane's performance.

9-16jphitsaihellcat.jpg

Lest anyone think the Allied planes are too great a challenge, Hellcats explode nicely when pounded by 20mm....I thought this was a cool shot.

10-16jpblowshellcat.jpg

An alert Canadian Goose then latches onto Kling who is already low, and he breaks for the deck.

14-16klingergetsjumpedbycangoose.jpg

These guys are both headed straight down at speed, headed for the bridgehead below. Goose doesn't realize that he is coming within range of Hermann the German beneath him.

15-16klingerdivesawayfromspit.jpg

Kling is saved by the marksmanship of the valiant drone AA crew below, and Goose digs a hole, proving that BG is not the only Canadian capable of moving large quantities of dirt.

16-16cangoosetakesahitbyace85mm.jpg

But Rattler dives into a cloud, ever the master of tactical adaption. Only AI planes can see through clouds, so it works.......

20-16rattlergoesincloud.jpg

And Rattler dives away escaping his tormentor, who wisely breaks away climbing to avoid being a kill emblem on Rattler's fuslelage.

21-16rattlerloseshimincloudcopy.jpg

The only AI B25 in the Allied force this day falls victim to a direct hit from Hermann the German.This oddly resembles several combat photos from the war.

22-85mmacenailsaib25.jpg

Here Badaim is also hassling with der Mustangens. Lots of head on passes and deflection shots this day.

22b-16inthesun.jpg

While hunting allied bombers (Hermann the German beat us to it), Sid and I (Enforcer) find a tanker blow it outta the water. Unfortunately, it only carried toilet paper and condoms for the allied troops. Several cases floated ashore and captured by German troops, but they were far too small for them to use.....of course.

23-16enforcerpullsoff.jpg

As the misn comes to a close, both sides limp home. Here a P47 (ID?) makes his approach with gear extended, but there are no wheels left. The Jug bellies in and undoubtedly surprises the pilot a bit.

23-16nowheels.jpg

Our glorious leader Greyknight is badly damaged and forced to return, escaping his overturned plane, which is quickly repaired by German technicians. His close call freaks him out so bad that he hauls ass to an outhouse.

30-16-gkbails.jpg

A Spitfire lands but his base is apparently within Hemann's range and draws fire.

28-16spitunderfire.jpg

And promptly loses its tail to the Accurate German fire.

29-16spithit.jpg

Back at the Luftwaffe bases, the Aryan eagles are returning in triumph, having swatted allied planes out of the air like they were all clones of Gunther Rall and Eric Hartman. Klinger had done well, but doesn't see the nefarious BBloke diving out of the sky in his Mustang while making his approach.

24-16blokedivesonkling.jpg

Bloke locks as Kling become aware of him, but Klinger is too slow and low to do anything about it.

25-16blokegoesafterkling.jpg

All Rattler can do is watch helplessly as his wingman is gunned from the sky in a well executed and perfectly timed attack by a particularly dangerous allied vulture.

26-16rattlerseesklingerattacked.jpg

HEh heh, yeah, I couldnt help myself. Anyway, Klinger's engine is taken out by 50 cal, and he tries to coax the machine down, but winds up cartwheeling across the base as Bloke swarms home untouched.

27-16klingerjumpedbybbloke.jpg

If I have made some mistakes here, lemme know. Also, any IDs on planes would be helpful since the screenshots I took of the pilot screen strangely disapeared. Allied photographers are welcome to add to this, as I was limited to what I could cover. The Luftwaffe is back.

Oh yeah, I am just about tired of the stupid idiotic moronic taliban censorship program that photobucket uses....you can't post a pic with a title like "somebody is hit".....get it? Is hit? Gimme a break. this takes alot of time to rename and resubmit a photo. Don't we still have a photo source around here we can use?

You can link inline images straight from your own PC, Carl. They'll be uploaded to our server and be hosted from there. I never use Photobucket anymore, unless it needs to go to another server like UbiZoo or Warbirds of Prey.

But will it show it the same way? I find that I usually can't see the pix that are posted as an attachment for some reason. I'd like to keep it where it can be seen without clicking on an attachment icon.

Hey JP, didn't you send me a link before (long lost) to a large photo server you used?

well, this is the problem Im having....I don't see the image at all....nothing, no thumbnail, link, or even a line. Nothing but space after your text. I may be the only one seeing it, but its kinda hard for me to post something I cant see. I have no idea why, and bloke tried to help me wiht it, but its still a problem for me. No clue as to why.

Painless is out of the fight from a mid air collision.

grab0004.jpg

Bucky is killed by an AI deflection shot that hits hie engine and cockpit.

grab0005.jpg

BBloke climbs away after a high speed diving attack on a 190.

bb3.jpg

The end result...

bb4.jpg

That's all folks!

Neat shots Bucky. That's cool how the planes are taking off under fire. Wish we could maintain that condition.....I wonder if anyone will buy the farm that way heh heh. Kinda adds a bit of drama to it.

I can just see everyone sweating the GO signal as that 85 is firing at them. Been there done that.