Strange stuff on back up computer.

Blairgowrie

Yesterday, when I tried to start the game on my back up computer I got the Microsoft screen which says " il2 exe has encountered a problem and needs to close."

Tried downloading the 4.08exe from our website and replacing it in game but when I right clicked and tried to delete the shortcut, the Microsoft message appears again and I can't delete anything. Spent some time this morning running Easy Cleaner which deletes unwanted entries from the registry. Although it was able to find lots of files to delete, the delete function would not work. I thought I would try going into safe mode but when I tried hitting F8 on reboot, it continued on to Wndows.

When I forwarded

Thanks very much for the offer Crash. I may take you up on it but for now I think my hack will work.

In the meantime, wizard Bloke, through the wonders of Ultra VNC, did his usual magic and fixed the problem. He is not really sure how but fix it he did.

Many thanks Chris for all the time you spent today. I really appreciate your help on this.