Get those switch files for other versions of the sim off your desktop, NOW!

Enforcer57

Well I admit to being a general dumbass again, but in my defense, I got asked to work later that evening and did not get home till outrageously late and was almost passing out as I wrote that. Lemme see what I can do here......OK, here is the post I made copied here. Damn I can't believe I didn't think of that.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today, I was unable to engage in misn 4 due to a bizarre F#cking malfunction caused by the continued presence of the numerous switch files we used to use when flying with outfits that hadn't incorporated 408 yet. I found that I was unable to join the fray and lead my 109 flight at the last minute, as I kept getting a message that the server had a different version of the sim (408m) than I. I had just flown with the hounds late last night, so I knew i was using the correct version, and i was at a total loss to fix it. DT, Quaz, and most anyone who had an idea tried to help, but to no avail. I still couldnt join for this odd VERY frustrating reason.

It was suggested that I try using the 408 switch file, but I couldnt find the thing (it was hidden in my Il2 folder unlike the other ones it turned out). So I had to drop out, as I couldn't hold the big fight up any longer. This was EXTREMELY F#CKING frustrating and downright enraging, as I had looked forward to it so much, having missed last week due to working.

I had my own flight of 109s with Psycho and JP in it, and I couldn't wait to unleash these guys on the enemy................BUT NOOOOOO, the sim wouldn't let me in.

SO I discovered that my sim had reverted to 407 somehow. It later occured to me that Just before the fight, I had been deleting a bunch of stuff from my cluttered desktop, and I remembered seeing that little flash screen juist for a second before it was obscurred by something else as I was moving stuff around.

Apparently, my mouse had passed over the 407 switch file icon while deleting or moving something. Im sure I did NOT double click on it, and that thing is on the opposite side from my 1946 shortcut.

So apparently it goes off just getting near the damn thing.

Anyway, it took about 10 min for me to figure this out, but it was too late by then. For some reason my 408 switch file wasn't listed near the rest of them when i tried to find it earlier, so I just missed out. Damn.

Anyway, get rid of those desktop shortcuts to other versions of the sim, as they are a minefield waiting for you to step inside. This was not anticipated by me, as i made sure all was working properly before even showing up.....so I thought. It took me by surprise, much as Painless does.

Im REALLY sorry I couldn't fly with you guys, as we had all 16 seats filled and I knew it was gonna be a big fight at some point. I got called into work a little ater on, so when my friend who is also my boss asked me if I could work tonight, I accepted. Sure wish I couldve flown today, but this damn switch file program went nuts.

btw, who won?