Coops Tuesday

I am going to try to host coops on Tuesday night. This is atrial and I plan to host some coops I have made, if you want any specific planes or scenarios let me know and I will try to fit these in . I will start at 2000 and end 2100 UK time.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I have asked the WingWalkers if we could use some of their missions on our server with mods on. this was the reply

No problem, you should have the files already for every map you have flown on your computer in your dogfight/GB_PublicServer folder.  You need to start the mission editor and enter the name of the mission's file with the .msnbin file extension as the master file with the .mission extension does not download online.  Once you have loaded the mission into the editor with the .msnbin file save it to your computer and that will generate a new .mission file from the msnbin file and then you can load the mission normally.

Just to add to what Crash has noted, the same applies to the missions on the WW1 server if you're interested.  If you have any issues getting things sorted, simply pop WWCephas (WW2) or WWBiker (WW1) a note either on Discord or our Wing Walkers forum, they'll be happy to assist.  It's always good to see the Dogz on either of our servers.  We've stopped our Team Speak subscription and are using Discord for our comms these days, invite link https://tinyurl.com/ww92invite  . Feel free to join in if you're of a mind.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Craven we appreciate your generosity , however I have some issues

1) I cannot open the files in the mission editor as it can only looks for  mission files and not files with .msnbin suffix so I cannot generate mission files, however it is my belief that you dont need this as I remove the large mission files from my generated co-ops and these run sucessfully.

2) I can use the files from my dogfight/GB_PublicServer folder to create a dogfight server on my own pc and successfully fly the WW missions, but if I copy the same files into the dogfight folder on the server and then try to run them on a dogfight server I get the file transfer error.

• 1. DDz Quorum

1) In the file open box, just type *.msnbin and hit enter

image.png

2) a.Manually edit the .list file so the file paths correspond, or create a folder on our server name dogfight/GB_PublicServer, but then you need to create a new .sds file.

or:

b . Start the mission editor on the server, and select 'resave all files in folder' 

c. Add the files to our server, tell me the names of the mission and I'll prepare them for you

Thanks FT,

If you could prepare them as a first option that would be great and I can have a look later when Im more confident about using our server.

The names are 

de-novorossiysk bay 42( with tc)

uk-north africa '42(with tc)

regards

dave

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have now converted/edited them

(Basically edit the .list file so the path is correct, ie, remove /GB_PublicServer from it, as well as references to an mp3 file and I think a jpeg file)

You should now be able to run them as a dogfight on our server - I saw you already prepared the DangerDogzDF-tanks.sds, I copied it to DangerDogzDF.sds and it's running on the server now.

• Like 1

Hey Dogz, sorry for not replying sooner, was out of town.  Glad to see that you have it all sorted out, I believe the mpeg and jpg file was our mission end screen, you could reverse engineer it to have your own Dogz message 😁.  Just a suggestion that if you're looking for missions with TC added, I would grab them before Cephas phases them out.  Rational for the removal is that he feels that no one uses them very much, although we have had a couple of requests to keep them from our server guests, Cephas may decide to keep them in, not sure about that though.

I plan to run standard co-ops or use ww server until we can see if I can edit missions sucessfully to get them to run as we wish.

I believe that I can manually edit the planes in mission editor to change loadout but I am stumped about icons.

It is my belief from reading the manual that server settings should override mission settings but having set up the server correctly there is still an issue. The manual is long and complicated so I might have this wrong.

Editing a mission is a bit of work so until I get feedback on which missions we like there is no point in just randomly doing this and then not enjoying them.

I have posted on WW dischord so hopefully someone with more experience there can help.

With the help of ft and friar we have tested the missions on my server and the other dogz server and they ran well, they are back on the normal server and we can test them before fens p38 campaign on Sunday 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again to FT for help . It appears our issues are with missions copied across to the server directories which house the missions. We have never had any issues with a mission generated on the server.

From FT :

1) File transfer error for some can be that a remnant or partial remnant of files are still on the client that either cannot or will not be replaced with a new one from the server. Usually, deleting the multiplayer/coop folder on a troubled client fixes this. 

2) I have no explanation for server crashes at all, other than there's something in the mission that makes the server crash.

The reason for generating missions beforehand and transfering a stock of missions was to cut down my effort on the night generating them from the server on the fly but I am now spending more time troubleshooting than anything else.

With co-ops I generated missions on my pc and copied them across and I dont recall the server crashing. We have had crashes with mozzies missions.

With the dogfight WW missions there is no explination for why some can join and others cant and I dont have time to chase this up so unless someone else does the digging we are unable to run WW in the future.

The continual crashes has me concerned over the proposed 73 squadron sessions I had planned, we need to know that the server is stable prior to inviting other squads to attend

For the above reasons I propose that when I host we only run syn generated missions to test the server stability for the proposed event. This will help me tailor the missions for the event and test the server so I would be gratefull for cooperation in testing these.

We do not need to fly co-ops all night I am happy to run a few then go to wingwalkers server if thats what the group prefer but I would like to run a few tests first.

apologies for issues and I hope we can get back to stable nights

• Thanks 2