How to earn repsect as technical support!

BBloke

Found this whilst doing a little light reading:

#7: You need recognition and praise

Being a support tech often means being invisible until something goes wrong. Ironically, if you’re doing an awesome job by proactively taking care of the users, you’re less likely to be noticed than if you’re slacking and are frequently called upon to save the day.

Early in my career, a VP took me aside and suggested that I might like to occasionally crash the network server so I could justify my existence by heroically restoring it overnight. You may be fortunate and encounter the odd users who appreciate that they never have to call you, or even a boss or co-worker who expresses gratitude for the fine job you are doing, but this type of positive feedback is usually the exception. If you require frequent approbation to feel confident and satisfied with your performance, being a support tech may not be the best choice of careers.

Rog.. any plans for the weekend! ?? :)

Full article here

Found this one too

and my favourite get out of jail free card

• 1. DDz Quorum

Rog.. any plans for the weekend! ?? :)

Funny you should ask, I have noticed the DangerDogz server is getting flaky, I suspect it's fluff from all the sheepskin getting in the cooling ducts.

For a change I'm going to carry out the maintenance blindfolded, and with very thick gloves on so I can't feel the key board.

Do you think any one will notice?

Made doubly difficult because my plans to switch from SubDreamer to Joomla have been thwarted by the raging GPL arguments, and SMF withdrawing their bridge because they don't want their product to be GPL :(.

So it's either Mambo, or a third party bridge hack that I don't like....

• 1. DDz Quorum
Made doubly difficult because my plans to switch from SubDreamer to Joomla have been thwarted by the raging GPL arguments, and SMF withdrawing their bridge because they don't want their product to be GPL Sad.

"white man speak with forked tongue"

• 1. DDz Quorum
Made doubly difficult because my plans to switch from SubDreamer to Joomla have been thwarted by the raging GPL arguments, and SMF withdrawing their bridge because they don't want their product to be GPL Sad.

"white man speak with forked tongue"