Countdown to Duxford

Friar

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1. DDz Quorum

I have added a link in the first post of this thread to the BBC weather service for the area,

please now all cross the following....

Fingers, Toes, Wifes Fingers and toes, kids fingers and toes, assorted pets (more limbs the better)

Its also Here

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK chaps, its nearly here...time to firm up a meeting point.

I will be meeting Doubletap, BG and Painless at the Red Lion on Saturday morning.

Where and at what time should the other dogz attending meet at the Airfield?

Any offers

Since we have agreed to meet Psycho at the American Pavilion at 1:30pm, I would suggest the others meet us there as well. If we miss anyone then we can try every hour thereafter at the American Pavilion to meet up. That would be Kling, Guitarman and Fotoflyer and Rog or anybody else I might have forgotten. Chris, I will be royally pissed if you don't show.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I've got a 10 day forecast for Cambridge here:

http://www.trafficfreecycling.com/index ... r&Itemid=0

Historically the queues to get in have been quite long, traffic will also be slow moving in the area.

So Psycho needs to be aware of that, as do we all.

I'll be arriving early morning personally.

Equipped with a half decent pro camcorder and good gun mic, and a large tripod.

I'll try and get as much flight line stuff as possible and put something together for those that don't make it.

Since we have agreed to meet Psycho at the American Pavilion at 1:30pm, I would suggest the others meet us there as well. If we miss anyone then we can try every hour thereafter at the American Pavilion to meet up. That would be Kling, Guitarman and Fotoflyer and Rog or anybody else I might have forgotten. Chris, I will be royally pissed if you don't show.

I'm working on things but sadly car is in dock and money is always an issue.

• 1. DDz Quorum

I personnaly would like to get in to the airfield as soon as possible.

This is aimed at Glenn, BG and Mick, what time do you think you may be ready / had thought leaving the hotel for the show? (after rising from a drunken stuper

• 1. DDz Quorum

just taken from iwm web site...

P-38 Lightning Glacier Girl’s mission is postponed : P-51 Mustang Miss Velma to complete the journey alone

It is with huge regret that The Fighter Collection and Imperial War Museum Duxford announce that Glacier Girl is unable to continue her journey to the UK to complete her mission and star in the forthcoming Flying Legends Air Show.

The aircraft developed a serious mechanical problem, leaving her grounded at Goose Bay.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Dont forget a kagool for the camera Rog... I know I wouldn't have any appropriate footwear and buying a new set would probably make me lame during the day if its that early! ;)

The forecast over @ trafficfree has proven to be pretty accurate, and Saturday has been set for 10% chance of rain past few days, so I'm hoping it'll remain that way :).

Shame about Glacier Girl :(

• 1. DDz Quorum

...but this is the will be's (subject to the usual of course..)

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

TFC: P51D Mustang G-CBNM

TFC: P-51-TF Mustang N251RJ

SHF: P51D Mustang N-167F

RAC: P51D Mustang G-CDHI

OFMC:P51D Mustang G-BTCD

Rob Davies: P51D Mustang G-HAEC

TFC: Spitfire V G-LFVB

TFC: Spitfire XIV G-SPIT

Kennet: Seafire G-KASX

HAC: Spitfire V G-MKVB

Corsair Warbird: Spitfire F-AZJS

Cliff Spink: Spitfire XVI G-OXVI

Cliff Spink: Spitfire V G-LFVC

ARC: Spitfire XVIII G-BUOS

ARC: Spitfire IX

HAC: Hurricane G-HURY

Hurricane G-HURR

TFC: Corsair G-FGID

Corsair Warbird: Corsair F-AZVJ

ME109 G-BWUE

Fw 190

I suspect I might have a short kip after lunch once we get to the Red Lion on Friday. I usually never sleep on the plane. Will likely wake up early on Saturday so an early start in the morning would be fine with me. There will be a lot to see and it would be nice to get there before the crowd gets too bad.

• 1. DDz Quorum

OK.

I'll re-announce and attempt to communicate.

We (Jane and I) are throwing our doors open Saturday night for the dogz to get together, without paying the over-taxed exorbitant prices so customary in let's tax them until they can't bleed any more the UK.

It would be really good to have numbers, so that we provide sufficient food, or don't end up feeding the kids it for three weeks (they can only handle so much Chilli and baked English Potatoes - the beer is off limits to the kids as is the whisky).

Bbloke, by all means arrive here Friday night ;).

So who's coming to my gaff?

So far:

BG.

Frior

DT

Painless ?

Psycho ?

It's free, we won't nick your wallets and there is no exit fee...this time :icon_lol:

• 1. DDz Quorum

Gentlemen,

As the great day is nearly upon us, it is time to make some formal meet-up arrangements.

After a quick chat with BG last night we came up with the following

We meet outside the American Air Museum.

When facing the building entrance we will meet to the right-hand side of the building.

The meeting time has been planned for 10:00 am

For Psycho who will be arriving later we will get someone to be in the same place at 13:30 for 15 minutes and then

At 14:30 and 15:30 again for 15 minutes each time.

If anyone has any issues with this plan please let me know and we will sort something out.

Looking forward to meeting everyone