U'r Site and Squadron

Salute:

I have read a lil about U'r squad. A few of us are looking to move into IL2 and dragging along some J9 pilots. Presently we are undecided just which squadron to join because we do not have enough information yet and of course we each have slightly different expectations and needs. EG; different computer abilities. From what I have read here U'r squadron reminds me of my beloved Royal Air Corps (RAC) of RB3D and we would be interested in knowing more about U. If U would like a lil background on us please have a look at http://www.citigraph.com/rac/. This will give U some idea of who we are, what we represent, and our honor code of conduct.

Ray

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ sir, the man you need to speak to is BG,(Blairgowry) he's our Dad / Uncle/Auntie , the big cheese etc.

We will need pictorial ID and a deposit from each of you of $50 US. Please send the money to "BanK of Painless" Cell 4A,HM Prison Kingstone , Portsmouth. England TY ..... oh and don't mention the deposit thing to any of the others , they think it crude to talk cash OK LMAO ;)

~S~ Painless

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ lil Sparrow, thanks for dropping by and giving us a shout.

As stated BG will no doubt be along and make contact.

If your guys are serious on a foray into the world of IL2 1946 then you have come to the right place for some inter-squad sorties, and indeed there may well be some slots open for new recruits.

Although from what you were saying it sounds like there are enough of you to make a squad in your own right!

I mentioned IL2 1946 because that is exclusively what we 'fly', but like some of your guys we too are awaiting Knights of the Sky..

Hi , I'm one of the J9 guys sparrow is speaking about. We dont have enough to make a squad of our own as most of RAC and J9 are content to stay with Red Baron. Some due to the hardware requirements and some due to the learning curve of iL2. Right now we have roughly 5 gentlemen ( and I use that term loosely ). 3 from England, 1 from O' Canada, and I from Oregon USA. There might be 2-3 more from North America we can convince, but I doubt much more. Our main problem was not enough in the same time zones to make for good practices and mission fun to make an iL2 squad work. Which is why we are looking around for a squad with many time zones.

S!

DeadMeat

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ DeadMeat and welcome.

Ahh..makes sense, obviously it's time for me to imbibe then :icon_lol:

Time zones suck, but the K9ers being such a multi-national bunch of mongrels really does help.

My ears prick up (and my snout twitches to be truthful ;)) when I read that you have 3 guys from the UK.

I suggest you get the guys to have a poke around here, we'll hear the sheep bleat a bit but we're used to that now...

Salute to you lil Sparrow and Deadmeat and welcome to the K9 kennel. I hope you enjoyed your tour of the website which is largely due to B16Enk, his faithful companion BBloke and the rest of our mangy group.

The Danger Dogz fly four times a week on an organized basis from about 3pm EST until 7pm. There is also quite a bit of impromptu flying as well later on in the evening to catch up with some of our western brethren. In my humble view, your choice of a squad to fly with will mainly hinge on time compatability.

We usually meet on a dogfight map and shoot the blazes out of one another for about an hour and then switch to coops. Our library of coop missions is quite extensive with several hundred missions to choose from and we fly all different type of aircraft on various maps. In addition to our regular coops, we try to spice things up with matches with other groups and SEOW dynamic campaigns designed by our fiendish Propaganda Officer Doubletap.

Although all of us take the flying very seriously, it is more important to get along with your fellow Danger Dogz. Having a sense of humour and the ability not to take yourself too seriously are key attributes. Bragging is a definite no, no.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Judging from the emails I'm getting they seem to be as down and out as the rest of us BG...:icon_lol:

Bloody desperate if you ask me, wanting to join the dogz after reading the diatribe presented on these very pages.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Afraid Deadmeat sounded just like the rest of us Rog. He is obviously going to fit right in.

Bugger. Just as it was getting nice and quiet....:)

~S~ to two new guys then!

Edit: See..I can spell after a while.

Welcome Maarvin,

I see you made your way over ok and got registered.

I noticed your email address too. Which Air Museum do you work in? The Danger Dogz are having a get together at Duxford this year and could benefit from having someone on the" inside". Maybe get to sit in a Mark 1X.

Anyway nice to have another Brit in the group.

S!

Thanks for the welcome chaps. Don't get your hopes up about the email address though - I set up airmuseumsuk.org a few years ago to put a photographic record of the UK aviation heritage online. It's purely unofficial (it's also really out of date and has been taken over somewhat by airshow stuff