Nice Spitfire tribute video

Not your usual 'Look at me wiping out 250 enemies!" video, but a slick tribute to the Spitfire designer, R.J. Mitchell.

I especially like the bit were the Spit nudges the Doodlebug's wing and flips it over.

What a great plane the Spit is. Vids like this aways encourage me to do a little more research on the matter.

Last summer I was able to nip down to Southampton, to see the 70th aniversary memorial flight of the Spit.

That was 70 years to the minute, and from the same airfield, as the first ever flight.

It included Alex Henshaw's last flight in one. RIP Alex.

A month later, a m8 happened to hear about a private display happening locally.

We gatecrashed, not expecting much, and were treated to the finest display of Spitfire flying I have seen in real life. looked like a couple of Mk Vs. They boomed zoomed, barrel rolled, looped, hammerheads, the lot, in an ace mock dogfight, coming as close as 50 metres from us in a dummy strafing run. Made everyone duck, lol. Unbelievable sound, although understandably they didn't use max revs.

Nice find GK.

I dont tend to fly Spits so much in the game, and in the interest of balance, heres a 109 FB Trib vid. :)

Wow! Great tale Klinger, I'd love to have been there when they flew right over you.

p.s. One another thing, watching all these ingame videos is really helping my shooting. Seeing when and where other pilots open fire on a target is an eye-opener for me.

MORE!!!

TBH m8, I was a gibbering idiot for a couple of hours after watching that private display. (Even more so than usual)

Couldn't believe that they would throw them around that much in this safety conscious age.

Obviously, I got straight on the horn to Mick Painless, just to hear him seeth with jelousy. (sorry m8, I just had to)

• 1. DDz Quorum

~S~ GK , thats gone straight to my list of favorites M8 , thanks !!

Kling, still bloody jealous M8 although I did thoroughly enjoy you and "Hawkeyepierce" wax lyrical about the experience