rts.dll Link

B16Enk

• 1. DDz Quorum

Because UBI can't find it's arse with either hand, and now has at least four variants of the rts.dll file posted, I'm linking direct to the rts.dll here.

This is the one that precludes the requirement to have the CD in the drive to run FB.

Get it Here.

• 1. DDz Quorum

Not sure if this is what I've heard about and considered trying. I've heard how you can run the sim w/o having the disc inserted, is this what we have here. Could you explain further what takes place after dl the file. I'm no computer whiz so make any suggestions simple to understand. What is the benefit besides having to remove the disc occassionally?

Thanks Roger..Pooka

• 1. DDz Quorum

Hi M8.

In the main FB folder (typically C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles) there is an rts.dll. Rename that to rts.dll.old and then copy the one linked above into the same folder.

This then negates the need to have the CD in the drive, no performance boost but that precious CD can be kept safe.

And you don't have to remember to put it in.

Steve_v won't allow linking to it as a 'no cd' fix, but it's OK if you get an rts.dll error.....

Renaming it as I said above means you can readily revert by deleting the replacement and renaming rts.dll.old to rts.dll ;)

Hi M8.

In the main FB folder (typically C:\Program Files\Ubi Soft\IL-2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles) there is an rts.dll. Rename that to rts.dll.old and then copy the one linked above into the same folder.

This then negates the need to have the CD in the drive, no performance boost but that precious CD can be kept safe.

And you don't have to remember to put it in.

Steve_v won't allow linking to it as a 'no cd' fix, but it's OK if you get an rts.dll error.....

Renaming it as I said above means you can readily revert by deleting the replacement and renaming rts.dll.old to rts.dll ;)

This will actually big help. I will put in my DELL so I do not have to play musical CD's...