UK settles WWII debts to allies

Klinger

Heh heh. The BoB shoulda been enough to settle anything.....holding the line by themselves (practically) while pacifists protested the lend lease act in Washington. Well I just had to say that.......

I remember when President Nixon went to the Soviet Union decades ago and forgave them thier 11 billion buck war debt. OK with me, but They weren't even trying to pay the thing back. The idea of being paid back kinda went out with Pearl Harbor I think. England became part of the war effort, and any resources we gave England (and all the allies actually) was a direct part of OUR own war effort.

But if any of youse Brit guys feel you owe us anything, feel free to buy 1946 and send it to me. I promise to write off the cost of an entire squadron of P-40Es.

Heh heh. The BoB shoulda been enough to settle anything.....holding the line by themselves (practically) while pacifists protested the lend lease act in Washington. Well I just had to say that.......

I remember when President Nixon went to the Soviet Union decades ago and forgave them thier 11 billion buck war debt. OK with me, but They weren't even trying to pay the thing back. The idea of being paid back kinda went out with Pearl Harbor I think. England became part of the war effort, and any resources we gave England (and all the allies actually) was a direct part of OUR own war effort.

But if any of youse Brit guys feel you owe us anything, feel free to buy 1946 and send it to me. I promise to write off the cost of an entire squadron of P-40Es.