how do you install BOE , oestfront and other addons into 46 and 4.05m?

delta7

I have installed 46 into a fresh folder and kept my 4.05m install.

I wish to make a nice tidy install into my 4.06 with a mod enabler so that I can make all my addons work together.

see here

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/ ... 7841033605

I have BOE, oestfront and TLD and fall blue plus jumos west front all currently installed into my 4.06. and there are some conflicts so I want to solve this in my new install.

My problem is that when I go to install BOE and oestfront into 46 XP recognises that they are already installed and wont allow this so I need a way to do this

any help appreciated.

Ostfront & the other 7 addons installed fine. But BoE will not install. I get a message saying that AEP isn't installed. How can that be when AEP is included in IL-2 1946?

Sorry Dave. I have no answer on your problem and thought this thread may be a good place to ask questions about getting addons installed.

Hold on guys,

I've read somewhere that if you install from the DVD, theres a file that is different or not created that it is present when you install from Cd's with the patch in between .

It's a file that the BOE installation program is looking for to know that AEP is indeed installed.

Crap, don't remember where I've read this. Maybe on the ubisoft forums...

Anyway, If I remember correctly, there would be a way to fix this.

Delta and Quazi, I don't wanna to give you guys false hope, but there's might be light at the end of the tunnel...

If I could only remember where I've seen this... :-\

Just coming back from the Ubisoft and Justflight forums and no luck...

Cant remember the details.

I hate this when it happens.

Its like a hitch in your back that you can't quite reach...

maybe it wasn't about '46 DVD and BOE, Maybe it was about The DVD edition that they released just before, but at least it would a clue...

• 2 weeks later...

well I uninstalled oestfront and boe and tried to get them to install with the mod switcher and boe completly fucked my install so I had to uninstall and reinstall 46 again. a day wasted. Iv also forgoten my tld password so cant install this - GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

will try again next week when Iv got some time

ok getting a handle on this - the janesoft mod switcher works well.

you basically set up a mods folder using janesoft switcher, and within this create seperate folders for each mod e.g. BOE OESTFRONT etc

1) BOE wont install into a folder unless it sees il2fb.exe so copy this from your 46 folder into the folder you want to install BOE into and then it installs fine.

2) install all addons into their own folder within the mods folder and not into 46 main folder

3) the only things that conflict with any addons are the dgen and dgen folder so you can copy the missions, paintschemes etc from the addon into your main folder

4) this will leave you with 4 items in each add on folder; dgen.exe ngen.exe dgen folder and ngen folder

5) the mod switcher copies these into the main folder to allow you to play then switches it out when you dont want to use the mod and returns the default items

6) you will need to add the new dgen and dgen folder items from ian boys available from simhq forums to play some of the new campaign and maps like burma

7) there is a multipatch for boe - if you use this then dont use any of the files apart from the 4 listed above or it will screw up your install as happened to me.

hope this makes sense

dave

Hey Dave. I have reformatted for other reasons. But this time I have had no problem installing BoE, Ostfront, and the other eight addons I have. Now whether they all play correctly is another matter. I will test and see.

The only thing that would not install is the BoE update patch. It stops and says it can not find AEP.