Dcs 2.0 Alpha And The Nevada Nttr Map Are Out!

Snacko

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2573842#post2573842

Apparently, if you already have the 1.5 beta, the way 2.0 Alpha installs is by downloading the 2.0 installer.  Which then copies about 17gig from your 1.5 folder.  then it does one quick 300meg update.  And then the 2gig download.  Which may be slow with everyone on.  I am only getting 8k/s right now.  Which will take forever..

I have read some people having problems getting NTTR to install, and some workarounds.  But this was just release a few hours ago, so it will be sorted out..

Download Here.

d8XoV6p.jpg

I've been downloading the NTTR map since 7am this morning.  That's 9.5 hours and it's at about 93%.  That's just a new pic I saw in the DCS Facebook page.  

Slicker has a better connection and has it all running already.  I should be up and running this evening I hope.

Got it, and it's awesome!  I have everything on 'High' and am getting about 60+ fps.  The DoF has been a fps killer, so it is off till it's fixed.  When I set everything to High+Ultra I get about 25-45fps on my new rig.

"Servers unable to process your request.  Please try again later.  Ta ta!" *BOOT!*  :angry:

Retried, and the usual torrent came up.  Canceled and am now doing a standard HTTP DL at... oh good grief!  .6 MB/s.  Great.  I'll see y'all in DCS 2 some time next year!  (Okay, I exaggerate, it sped up to a whole 1 MB/s.  Sometime L-A-T-E tonight.

• 1. DDz Quorum

DCS 2.0 is pretty damn good considering it is an Alpha.

Performance is superb on my old rig, and I can even get the Dora off the ground, and back :)

New X55 helps in that regard though.

I agree.  I've heard some people complaining.. but that's because they forgot, or don't understand what an alpha is.  We shouldn't even have an Alpha IMO.  It's just asking for complaints from people who don't understand.

But I've had no BSOD.  And actually I don't remember any official crashes.  A few things just don't work, like that Fast Mission Builder.  But I am amazed that I can get online and fly on a server no problem.