AVG Anti-Spyware Free

BBloke

I have been using it for a year or so I guess and it is fine. However, it looks like my free ride is coming to an end as I got a message two days ago saying that it will expire in January. I guess I shouldn't complain about it really.Having used it I'd definitely consider actually paying for it.

Only support for the current version will end in January.

Much less intrusive than Norton. Norton has a tendency to do odd things to your registry and computer to the point where you think you have a virus. I was running Norton and then switched to AVG. It immediately pick up a trojan Norton had missed.

There is a rumour going around that Norton burns up power supplies and hard drives but I think the rumour is false. :)

Many of us use Sygate Jude. It is free and seems to be very compatable with AVG. I'll get a link for you and update this post.

Here it is:http://www.simtel.net/product.download.mirrors.php?id=53687

If you want to port forward, you use advanced rules in the menu. Quite easy to set. If you have a problem with blocking you can check the traffic log to see if it is your firewall doing the blocking.

Sadly, when my Norton expires, I believe I will do a reformat instead of trying to delete it all. I have had to go through the deletion thing twice with Norton in the past and it was hell. It would probably take as long to delete Norton than it would to just reformat and reinstall everything. I have seen and experienced Zone Alarm in action, and have even had to go in and configure a few programs on my daughters computer. So I think I am going to go with ZA & AVG when this Norton deal expires and they start asking for another $70. I am the only one that uses this computer. I go to the same sites and hardly ever get into anything else. Although I am still a bit untrusting of this free stuff, given most of my m8s get by just fine with them, I should be able too also.

Hi Jim,

Yep you are right. It's still pretty early so we are being cautious but all going well in June FlatSpinBaby :BLACK2: will be arriving. That will be different.

Anyway, a hand with TS would be good. I'll list some times and see what takes your fancy. You do live the EST zone, right? And you fly Saturday night your time (ie Sparrow-fart early Sunday morning in Japan)? If it is Sunday then that makes it 6am Monday morning or something equally ludicrous.

JST-EST I THINK I got the times right but I'm fairly inept at anything with numbers so I could be wrong.

12:00am today Fri (17Nov)- 10amEST

Sat 18NOV JST

From 9am to 12pm- 7pm to 10pmEST

From 9pm to 12am -7am to 10am EST

I have Hotmail so I guess I could do MSN Messenger chat. Just a sec. Yep - found it again. I had disabled a while back. I also have gmail chat and skype if that is any help. My hotmail account is jude_nz at hotmail dot com. I am clearly very patriotic in my email usage.

Okay, I'll check this site and my email fairly often over the next day or two.

Hope to talk to you soon. Any preparations I should do before we get started - you know, common newbie mistakes and so on?

Cheers,

Jude

Enjoy the snow.

Not sure I understand your time conversion calculations M8 so I would suggest we try for 7pm EST Friday evening which should be 9am Saturday morning JST. If that is not convenient, please let me know here.

Also I was unable to add your email addy to my list of contacts on MSN. Would you try adding me as toy711@yahoo.com and I will leave my MSN up all day today?

FlatSpinMan and I spent 40 minutes on MSN today and finally got both MSN Voice and TS working. His firewall McAfee kept on blocking us. He finally turned it off and we were able to link up. He also was able to join my game server.

He is going to try joining up with us on Saturday afternoon (Sunday morning in Japan).

In most cases when you use Sygate FlatSpinMan, you will get a screen from Sygate asking you if you want to allow a program access to the Internet. I think in all cases it is safe to check allow and remember my answer. But sometimes you have to specifically allow access by going in to the ADVANCED menu and setting it up for a Port like this.

Sygate.jpg

• 1. DDz Quorum

;) I remember when you spent an afternoon with me, trying to get TS and a routor figured out.

Thanks again for the time, I'm sure FSM (flatspinman) will appreciate the efforts you put forth to

bring us along to the Dogz. You are the lead dog in this pack.

Pooka