New Clod Beta Patch Released

A new beta was released on Friday , find it here;

http://forum.1cpubli...ead.php?t=34617

Once downloaded, remember to verify your game files through Steam so this patch is installed over the official version rather than the previous beta.

Overall, I'd say this is another positive release. The actual game engine itself is now working rather nicely. Overall frame rates on my pretty puny dual core system are down but this doesn't really matter as it's so smooth now, well within shouting distance of Rise of Flight. Colours looking o.k. and everything nice and sharp.

Launcher2012-09-2913-43-06-82.jpg

Launcher2012-09-2913-44-03-13.jpg

Although there is still no anti aliasing enabled in the game the 3 series Nvidia drivers have FXAA which, when enabled through the control panel, make a great deal of difference in removing the jaggies.

What is very pleasing is the performance at low level over ground. Fps keeping up nicely and I've been able to increase some settings with no visible performance hit. Buildings don't seem to pop up too badly either. However, the ground shadows!! There's still a whole lotta shakin' going on around the trees. The option to turn off ground shadowing would be very welcome.

Launcher2012-09-2913-47-19-56.jpg

The SU26? Well it's nice to have it at long last and it flies very nicely but it's not quite up to the standards of some of the other aircraft in this game, espaecially in the cockpit department. Instruments seem to be rendering at a lower level than the other details and it just looks and feels slightly less polished than the Spits, Hurri' and 109's. Apparently it is also armed with some "Laser weaponry"! Why on earth bother?

Launcher2012-09-2913-51-29-16.jpg

Launcher2012-09-2913-53-24-23.jpg

109's? Quick picture of the still gorgeous cockpit and the fantastic shadow play upon it that this game is capable of.

Launcher2012-09-2913-55-25-95.jpg

So let us conclude that for now the graphics side of the game is working very well indeed and just does not need any more fiddling with for the time being.

Unfortunately that leaves the rest of it and here it's still verging on the piss-poor quite frankly. If you enjoy single player well there are still no reliable a.i. commands to give your wingmen. If you enjoy multiplayer then there are still big problems with the net code, with having more than forty people on the server, no dedicated server patch, slowdowns when nearing several human controlled 'planes and most importantly for our purposes still NO RECOGNISABLE COOP MODE Aaarghhhh!!!!!!!

Also still a whole host of bugs in flight models, not being able to start most British 'planes on the ground at the moment, overheating, CEM problems, etc. sigh............but some good news, went on ATAG briefly last night. Didn't see any opposition in the short time I was on it but did come across two a.i. bombers which appeared as very small dots in the far distance and grew into two recognisable Dornier DO17's without disappearing or swimming in and out of resolution as in previous patches. Could they finally have sorted the LOD's?

Slowly, painfully the dev's are getting there and this thing just has so much potential. The problem now is that this stuff is likely to be some of the final work on this game until the release of the next in the series which will be Eastern front and mergable with CLoD. Unfortunately, this won't even be Alpha until next year but the whole of the dev team are due to be switched to working on it which will leave CLoD as a pigs ear still!

• 2. Administrators

pretty much what i think.

Gfx engine is the best its ever been, and is now actually good, it does look fantastic, and is playing silky smooth with everything ramped up on my system.

Netcode is still poo. (and there never will be a co-op mode as we know it with il2).

Fm's still have lots of work to be done to them, although they are moving in the right direction and they are generally much much better, its just as they fix something they break other stuff, such as the ability to take off in red fighters at the moment, (and don't expect to ever go above 20,000ft until BoM, and thats if they deliver on that promise....).

Dm's still funky,occasional flying he111's with the rear half of the plane missing, hurricanes minus wings still flying.....

It is actually fun now though, which is a revelation in itself, and i have been really enjoying flying it despite theses fm/dm problems........

A few patches for the fm/dm stuff, and it will be ready to go on general release, lol.

gallery_607_5_114644.jpg

gallery_607_5_55311.jpg

gallery_607_2_171730.jpg

Edit, for those with the Russian version, heres the maddox.dll from the english version,

http://dangerdogz.com/forums/files/file/689-maddoxdll/

• 2. Administrators

Well, myself and Tom (and Nick a bit earlier) just had fun on ATAG, saw Arthur join as the blue scum as well.

bagged a couple ish between us, and landed safely, 'ave that Goring.

Cor! That was good stuff. Got p.k'd eventually, low down over some ships in a six 'plane dust up. Fairly smooth, loving the LOD's now. See dots.... get closer..... still seeing dots.....closer still, dots become wing shapes (achtung Spitfire!).....engage.....still able to follow stuff around, nothing disappearing into the ether.......pity it's all going to grind to a halt until BoM. :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2. Administrators

Was messing around in CLoD offline in my new favourite plane, the 109E1 (really like the 4 machine guns rather than cannons, and enjoy the manual pitch workload), and after shooting down 3 spits over Canterbury decided to climb back over the channel. Got to 7400m easily and looked behind me,

1093.jpg

contrails in CLod, who knew.......

• 2 weeks later...